Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Concept50vr

Stop ERROR IRQL_NOT_EQUAL........

When I lauch programs once in awhile I get a stop ERROR and then a memory dump I am running XP 2600 and it only does it if I havent run the APP for alittle period of time, but after the dump and restart, I can run the program just fine?

Any thoughts frown

Hi

This is a bit of a long shot but its worth a try. Have you tried it without the netgear nic? I bought 1 of them for my kt7a board and it caused no end of trouble, the network wouldnt work and it BSODd all over the place. As the a7v uses the same chipset it might be the same problem? I ended up swapping it for a linxsys 1, and no probs since then.

yeah it is a IRQ conflict problem so i would say it is due to a hardware conflict. As for which piece im not sure but if carbine had a similar prob with the netgear nic i would try a diff one.

OK I will try I checked for conflicts and windows hasn't detected any, this card has run with Win2000 flawlessly for 7 months, no problems, nothing. I like XP but win2000 seemed more stable.

Ned

It seems like if I touch the properties of the NetGear FA312 I get my dump, so I suppose Linsys here I come!!!

Ned

I receive the same problem in win2000 awhile ago....and it is gone after I update my disk controller driver...give it a try!

I get the same error message when the CPU is heavily overclocked. If I either downclock the CPU or raise the vcore everything runs just fine.

If you have overclocked the CPU, you may want to try to raise the vcore, that should fix your problem.

It has been a day since last memory dump, pherhaps the Nic made the difference, I also noticed having my Radeon card set to 'Quality' in the advanced menu cause a reboot auto when messing with the DVD, either ATi's or Windows, so onward I go, so far I am Happy!!!

Ned:D

I get that error as well, using a Realtek NIC, it only happens when I install Winroute Pro though!?!? odd must be cos ACPI thinks its good to run all my devices on IRQ11 lol laugh

The IRQ sharing happens in Win2k and WinXP on ACPI configs. It ain't the problem--if you try to change it, you'll know why shortly.

I too have the same problem. However, I have ACPI disabled and APM enabled on two laptops and both exhibit the same problem during heavy CPU and /or memory usage. I am using Xircom pcmcia NICs in both. According to Device Manager, No IRQs are being shared. I am still puzzled as to the exact cause of this problem which consistently manifests itself while using either WinAmp (several versions) or eDonkey.

I also have this problem on the below system specs...maybe SP1 will correct it? I hope so...

I say this while praying to the silicon god, so far I have had NO system memory Dump (fingers trembling as I type) for some time now!!!!

Tried 2 Netgear Cards and two Linksys cards still Blu Screen, loaded the downloads from Microsoft's XP update site, no luck, so I loaded a new BIOS for my A7V, I put 1009 on and still got the random Blu Screen!!! I had been setting the jumpers on the mother board manually because I have a 1.4 266 processor and it wouldn't boot unless I did that. Windows 2000 ran fine like this. But for grins I put my mother board to JumperFree and voila!!! No problems since that......I hope!!!

Ned

Now I am getting this error pretty much 5 or 6 times a day! It mainly happens when I use IE6, or Outlook Express, or when I try to play the Ghost Recon Demo online. All I need to do is click on IE6's buttons, or a button in Outlook Express, and BAM! BSOD!

And I have all brand name hardware in it too. And its a genuine Intel D815EEA motherboard with the built-in Pro 100 nic card (also Intel). So it is not a VIA problem, not an AMD one either. But I DO have a CL Live! X-Gamer card . . . .

I have had a stable system for 3 days now. No memory dumps, nothing, I think the Radeon drivers had some issues, I am using the WinXP driver as we speak no problems.:D I have switched totally to ABIT KG7-Raid and 1600+XP processor with a gig of PC2100 ram. SO far all is well, but it did take 6 loads of XP to get here!!!

Ned

We had the same problem at NASA where I work. We returned all of our Linksys cards and replaced them with 3COM Nic cards and the problem has never returned.