Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Seldzar

Win2k Duel celerons freezing

HELP HELP HELP!!

Dammit I just upgraded to duel celerons and a ABIT BP6 Mb. When I have win2k as a Standard PC it runs fine, however, if i set it to MPS Multiprocessor PC when ever i do anything with AVi's, Mpg's, Asf's....you naem it....the system locks solid and I must press the reset button. I have diabled all i can think of in the bios....all extra irqs that would be in use, I have disabled acpi and made sure its set to MPS 1.4. This freezing even happens when it was a fresh install with nothing else loaded. I'm using Win 2k 2114. No one else seems to have this problem.

I've been running dual Celerons (300a @ 450Mhz w/100Mhz FSB) for several months, using 2031, 2072, 2099 and 2114. No problems.

What speed are the Celeron's running at, and how are you enabling the SMP on the mobo?

Maybe, like I said a few posts down u should use 2072, which is more standarized right now, and ull get better results....

I'm using celeron 433's they aren't overclocked and in the bios it automatically notices the 2 cpus....and I have the bios set to MPS 1.4 not sure what you mean by how am i enabling it on the Mb. I just recently laoded the standard PC drivers and now it's not crashing and i can play the avi's and what not. But whats the point of having 2 cpus when it don't work right?......as far as i know this is unique to my hardware setup

Hi.

I had the same problem as this with a BP6 and 2 x 400 Mhz celerons. I tracked the problem down to the MX300 soundcard drivers supplied with 2114...... It would only freeze when I used anything that used the directsound component of the drivers.

To fix it, go to adjust audio properties and set the acceleration level to emulation (as far left as the slider will go).

THANK YOU!.however i ahve already formatted and isntalled win2k 2072 with the aureal drivers i downloaded from a link on this board.....however i will upgrade it to 2114 tomorrow and try as you suggested.

Then we just get to wait for the offical RC2

did 2072 work for u then? or did u have the same problem??

------------------

Yes 2072 worked fine, and i did the upgrade the next day and brought the acceleration level down to emulation and all seems good. However i still am getting arbitrary freezes and wierd lock ups while browsing. Nothing to worry about, I'll be formatting and reinstalling when RC2 is out.

i ahve dual 550's with a bp6 works great. No probs witha anything except usb when mps is set to 1.4. works fine at 1.1 though