Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shassouneh

desktop themes under windows XP

Nope! I already tried that. It seems to be a win2k-only thing. I even looked for "themes.exe" in the windows FIND applet to no avail!

I repeat: START -> RUN -> THEMES DOES NOT WORK!!!

Oh well. No idea then.

Actually, have you tried copying the Win2k themes.exe to XP? Just a thought.

hmm, what exactly is windowsblinds? (pardon my ignorance). I don't think copying themes.exe will solve it, but i'll give it a shot sometime.

Thanx but i can't afford it just yet.

I'm still open to suggestions about resolving the desktop themes issue under WinXP

As far as I know there are no desktop themes (wallpaper, icons, sounds and window color) included in XP.

Windows XP plus! pack will offer a cuple of themes like space, nature and so on.. (including mediaplayer skins), but is not free.

ughhh,there is windowblinds for xp(i guess its free for now coz its beta)and you can use all the skins for wb as thems,haven't tried it myself-i dont like things like that,hell i'm running the clasical theme,but if you like it you could give it a try (beware it may suck bigtime)

The XP Theme support IS WindowBlinds. MS licensed the technology from Stardoc. You can should be able to use WindoeBlind themes directly in WinXP.

The themes settings should be in Display Properties (right click desktop > properties)