Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
superman322

sometime Win XP screws up on boot up (stuck at black screen

Sometimes i get stuck at the win XP logo with the black backgroung (litlle animation going from left to right) you know what i mean.

Its gray and then becomes bright the little thingy goes from left to right 3 times and you are inside windows. BUT sometimes the logo just stays gray and i get stuck there. then i hit reboot button on my tower and bam it works.

whats up with that??? its really wack, and i am getting pissed off. That really sucks. ofcourse this only happens sometimes. Like when i played with the XP firewall (disable, enable). but it happened a few other times too. It hapened in my previous install as well, that is until my hard drive broke and i had to send it back to IBM. It perminantly go stuck there.

Try to help me. It has to be XP. i never had this prob in 2000 pro. So i know others must be having the same probs.

SYSTEM

-Abit BE6 II v2.0

w. HPT370 ATA 100 chip. Raid, but not using raid feature. Using Win XP defailt mass storage controller for this.

-IBM Gpx 60 gig ata 100

-DSL settup. No network.

What the fuzz could it be?

8) frownfrown

I have a problem with XP hanging when I boot my computer, but the CP logo goes off and I am left with a blank black screen.

This happens 1 in 3 times when I boot my computer, but very rarely happens twice in a row.

I think it s GFX problem so I need to download updated drivers for my Card.

Quote:

HPT370 ATA 100 chip. Raid, but not using raid feature. Using Win XP defailt mass storage controller for this.

that is your problem right there
go to highpoint website download the 1.03b bios and the 1.03b win2k drivers those will fix all your problems. the xp drivers that came on the disk suck ***. the 1.03b are the only ones that i have gotten to run stable and fast on my computer. make sure you get the bios update also otherwise you will get errors in the event log about disk operation.

i had the sameproblem you had at boot when using the default xp drivers but only every so often

I'm kinda having the same problem. When I do a driver update or WindowsUpdate and the system reboots, it only gets halfway through the fade in. Hitting the reset button and going through the boot again, it doesn't have a prob. This even happend right after XP was first installed. Normall on boot it will pause half way through the fade in.

Any explenations or fixes?

I had the same problem today for the 1st time. To make matters worst I rebooted remotely (remote desktop). It sucked, no one at home to hit the power button. frown

I have something like your problem: (pasting below, I've posted this message at a gazillion forums... i really need help!)

I have a no-activation volume license version of XP Pro. My friend used this exact CD (burned from an ISO) to upgrade one of his computers from winME to XP. I have gone through hell with it. Long story short, the installation goes fine, and when its all done, on the first boot, I see the black "Loading Windows XP" screen that usually appears for a very short time. The progress bar moves about halfway across (actually not a bar, its just 3 blue blobs, but it works the same way), the 3 lights on my keyboard (numlock, capslock, scrollock) flash, and it hangs. I can then turn numlock on and off, but not capslock or scrollock. Ctrl-alt-delete doesn't work. I can boot into safe mode. I have tried reinstalling it, even gone to the point of reformatting my drive. Still no go. I KNOW that XP will work on this machine, as I ran a beta of it hitch-free for 15 days (until I had to activate smile. My machine is more than powerful enough. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

My problem happens ALL the time, not one in 3 like you guys have posted...