Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ArghXP

Turok 2 Unplayable

Turok 2 is unplayable in 2k and is unplayable in XP, thats my luck isn't it, I tried running it in Application compatibility mode and it still doesn't work, it just doesn't load!

mad

Runs fine here in 2k/XP without compat mode. What's the error? I get a glide error on startup...but just choose D3D when your in.

Know how you get the launcher? It never loads up.. I double click turok2's shortcut and the cd rom is accessed.. then nothing happens, i never actually see the launcher. this is what i mean by, 'not load'

some people have had probs with vid drivers and tribes 2.......try newer video card drivers

woz_mann - some people have had probs with vid drivers and tribes 2.......try newer video card drivers

^ pay attentionm he said turok 2 smile

I tried to run Turok 2 above win2000 and then winXP and both didn't work. I think that's because you could be running NT o.s. on your computer (like me). I tried to run with application compatibility and it didn't work too. I can only think about the NT thing ...

Note: Multiplayer mode works fine here, NOT the single player mode...

Quote:

I tried to run Turok 2 above win2000 and then winXP and both didn't work. I think that's because you could be running NT o.s. on your computer (like me). I tried to run with application compatibility and it didn't work too. I can only think about the NT thing ...

Note: Multiplayer mode works fine here, NOT the single player mode...

if what you say is to be taken litterally, then thats a collosal pile of crap, having multiple OS's isn't going to impact on this particular game if its install doesn't co-incide with another
if however we are to assume you mean they are based on the NT kernel, this cannot be the case, unless everyone else is lying about their turok 2 working on their w2k setups wink

Some one solve this, the same thing is bugging the crap out of me!

yes, oh god yes...

every combination i could figure out, i even played with the DLLS. deleted, renamed and tired to hexedit the exe to no avail. maybe its just not possible.

(cocks revolver and points at temple)

JK