Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Derf

HELP! Random Lockups

Ok, I've been getting random lock-ups on the 2600 of Win XP and I can't get it to stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

P3 1 GHz

Soyo 7VCA (Via Chipset)

640 MB Ram

Geforce 32mb (Asus v6600)

20 Gb and 30 Gb HD (Western digital and Seagate)

SbLive X-Gamer (not 5.1)

2 Nics (Both Linksys)

I really have no clue... I've tried changing video card drivers thinking that might be it, but default, 21.83's and 21.85's don't work... It might be the Via chipset, but I have no idea of how to stop it... Well thanks for any help!

Update: I removed one nic because I wasn't using it and it was sharing an IRQ with my Geforce and I haven't crashed yet...

I had some troubles too with the 2 NIC configuration. Do you have a firewall installed? How did you install windows in the first place?

I just have the normal winXP firewall installed.... The first time I installed XP I did an upgrade from 2k (2k was stable). It worked ok up until Outlook express lost my inbox.... the whole file was there... it just wasn't readable anymore.... So I did a clean install (boot from cd) the second time, and I've had that lock up eversince... BUT as I said when I updated I pulled the nic that was sharing the irq with the geforce and everything is fine now...