Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miku

Office XP and Windows XP

Hi Guys,

Did you guys notice some inconsistency in Windows XP/Office XP?

For Example, the save and open dialog box from word/excel uses older icons (in the left panel, desktop...) and are not high color. What is that so?

Any comments?

ARC

Hey guys,

Figured this might fit right in with your thread.

Ever since I installed Office XP, I run into problems if one of the messages on the server has an attachment.

If one of the messages has an attachment, the following happens.

1)All messages that came into mail server prior to the one with the attachment come in.

2)Using DU Meter, I can see some of the attachment download, but then it stops (gets further along with larger attachments).

3)After waiting a few minutes, I then get a message that pops up saying that connection with the server was lost.

4)If I restart Outlook, the same messages that downloaded before download again as if they were never pulled down before.

5)Same cycle starts all over again.

I was thinking this may have something to do with my Norton AV 2002, so I uninstalled it completely then rebooted, then tried my email again - same problem.

Next, I tried using Outlook Express 6 - same results.

I then downloaded Incredimail and installed - same damned thing.

I can access the email normally from RoadRunner's webmail service, as well as from another machine on my home network, just not this one!!!

Reinstalling Norton all over again obviously didnt make any change either... I have also tried doing a REPAIR for Office XP, didnt help one lick.

Everything worked perfectly under Outlook 2000 as well as under Outlook Express 6 prior to putting in Office XP.

Next step, I uninstalled Office XP, then reinstalled Outlook 2000 - no joy. I then reinstalled ALL of Office 2000, same thing.

At this point I am not trying anything else, the real shame is , I may have to reload my entire OS and blow away over 48 gigs worth of stuff I have installed because of this junk office suite.

Anyone have any suggestions???

Keep your os on it's own partition so when this crap happens you format your os' partition only and its not that big of deal.

Get yourself Partition Magic 7.0

Repartition your HD and in doing so move the stuff you want to keep over to the new partition('s).

Then just format your C: