Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfgang

No d3d in Win2000 Build 2114

Hello,

is there any way to bring back d3d acceleration, agp support and opengl in Win2000 build 2114. I have a Xentor32 tnt2 ultra card.

Regards

wolfgang

Are you using the supplied drivers, or drivers from another source?

D3D and OGL both appear to work on my basic CL TNT with the native drivers, but I'll take another look...

I just installed build 2114 as well. I have a Diamond TnT2 card and the setup detected and installed the correct drivers but I have no D3D support, haven't checked OpenGL yet.

I installed the Asus TnT2 drivers and the Aopen Tnt2 drivers but to no avail. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. If not time to go back to RC1. At least D3D and OpenGL worked for me then.

Thanks for any and all help

Hello,

I use the win2000 drivers.

I think the problem is no native win2000 drivers are available that support directx 7.0. Microsoft has the directx 6.x support in the d3dhal disabled.

Regards

Wolfgang

so if i want ogl AND d3d for my tnt1 i should use 2072 and not what i currently have, 2114?

im using the incuded v4400 driver for my stb v4400 and all i get is ogl. i try midtown madness and no d3d, i checked the DXDiagnostic thingie and no d3d. did u do anything special to get yours to work?

Well I still can't get D3D to work under build 2114 with my TnT2. I read up on the MS Win2000 newsgroups and it seems that nvidia didn't meet the deadline to provide DirectX7 drivers. MS made changes to the DirectX support to further support version 7. This made all non-compliant drivers to cease working.

That was written from memory. I can do a cool copy and paste if somebody wants to read the info off the MS newgroups.