Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Frank

Got your Voodoo to work in XP? Post it here!

Okay, for the 3dfx users trying to get their cards to run under XP, if you have success with some drivers, post where you got them and any problems-if any-you have noticed.

Thanks isaacg, those drivers work great!

I was pulling my hair out over the default XP Voodoo 3 drivers - just like going back in time to Windows 2000 - but these work great!

Thanks man!

Pikey

So, the Voodoo 3 is *fully* functional in XP? Like it runs in D3D, OpenGL, and Glide w/o any errors using the G.O.D drivers?

I haven't done a lot of testing, but Q3A, Counter Strike, UT & Max Payne all seem to work just fine.

No matter what by using very old drv in fact the very first set voodoo drv from win2k kit are not very compatible but then agine some of you may get lucky (I don't mean S.E.X now hehe) and it work on some voodoo card (Namelee Voodoo3) other then that I still think it a waste of time.... frown

To any Voodoo 4 users who have gotten these drivers to work:

Did you do something special to get these drivers running?! I've installed them several times only to get the same error... something about conflicting .inf and .ini files. When the installation finishes, I get an error from XP saying that the device could not start. Has anyone had a similar problem? Please let me know how to fix this.

Ok, i use V3 2000, and a lot of games. Both with GOD and other (don't remember exactly driver's set author) drivers i try - OGL and Glide games work perfect, but D3D games - especially Red Faction and Arcanium DROPS TO BLUE SCREEN after about 3-5 min of gameplay.

Diagnosis is "endless loop in 3dfxvs.dll detected".

Microsoft and mWare drivers for w2k don't have such problem... as well as OGL and Glide support.

WBR - GrayIce

Got voodoo 3500 working fine (with GOD drivers), however visualreality (the tv-tuner software) will not function with either the win2k or 98 version.

Anybody got a hint?

i got a V5 5500 and it works great

but NOT with the original drivers!

i use version 1.01 beta for windows 2000 and the voodootools out of version 1.04

and that works great

the original drivers and also version 1.04 gives you errors in some games, 1 of the games is deltaforce LW

1 big problem, the drivers arn't anywhere (as far i know) avalible for downloading, if anyone want them, lat me know, i got them heheh

hi, i made drivers for the voodoo 3500

that makes the TV work!!!

i spent 4 hours on it!

get it at my yahoo briefcase,

feel free to give it to other 3500 users :-)).

address:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/iceteaal

once you go to the briefcase,

go to folder "my documents" then download both the files

there,

unrar, read the instructions.txt file.

don't forget to uninstall all the drivers (the voodoo 3 one)

and the tv drivers which is called: 3dfx Voodoo3TV WDM

and is in "sound, video and game controllers", and

also 3dfx tools. restart after the uninstall. then install my drivers.

Hi -=icetea=- !

your fixed drivers are great!!

now a new challenge for u smile

as u know for sure, there is a

program to improve the sound capability of

the voodoo 3500TV to real stereo sound

-and it's not working under XP.

any ideas??

"3500TV Stereo Fix.exe"

Quote:

Got voodoo 3500 working fine (with GOD drivers), however visualreality (the tv-tuner software) will not function with either the win2k or 98 version.

Anybody got a hint?

Yeah, I got my 3500 to work, with tools, etc... I got the drivers at voodoofiles.com its a little more involved that your standard install.. but if you follow the directions, you should do fine...