Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingNothing.com

Recommended Sound Card for XP

I'm looking for a new sound card that has Windows XP drivers, allows me to hook it up to my Dolby Digital/DTS receiver (I have no computer speakers, the computer is hooked up to the receiver only), and provide a Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS signal to my receiver from my DVD player on my computer.

I've been trying to figure it out on my own, but most of the cards mention hooking them up to 5.1 computer speakers, which i don't have unless you count the ones out of my receiver, and I don't know if they would support DTS output.

Any receommendations? Thanks.

Hmm...I have been trying to figure out how to hook up my sound card to my Dolby Digital/DTS receiver too and I have Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 card. I searched through Creative web site and I found out this interesting tip. If you have Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 (regular not Platinum version), you can either buy Live! Drive IR (it has Optical in and out)for $149.99 or you can buy this Optical Digital I/O board II for $59.99. I got those prices from Creative Shop on-line. here is the link:

http://www.americas.creative.com/products/category.asp?Category=30&MainCategory=10

if the above link doesn't take you to right link, look under Audio Accessories.

Oh BTW, if you buy Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum version I think it comes with Live! Drive IR. But then if I have to buy a sound card now, I would go with Audigy. I think you can get Sound Blaster Audigy Plantinum version for like $180. I don't know if Audigy is supported in Windows XP yet.