Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PinkPanther

Jane's USAF under XP

Hello all,

I know that under Win2k Jane's USAF had the problem that the settings page could not be accessed. I was wondering if anyone has tried the game with Windows XP Pro to see if this probelm has been fixed by any luck.

Thanks

well best thing to do is try it out if you have the game...I personally don't have it but would love to try.

Yea, I've tried it, and still use it ... it's awesome except for ONE damn thing, and it sux, but I've made do ...

You can't select any of the drop-down arrows (ie. selecting the video mode from the dropdown) ... but I just click on the best settings button (forgot the name) and it brings the res to like 1280x1024 I think ... other than that, it's smooth for me.

-TB

I first got xp 2526, couldnt acces settings page, but could play online. Now I have xp 2600, cant play online with it and cant use drop down menu's. So if anyone have suggestions...........

I've tried doing everything with the XP settings and nothing seems to fix the drop menu problem. Also, my computer is wicked fast, but the video skips whenever I get up close to clouds, and the audio voices and music will skip like a broken record for no reason at all. Personally, I don't think this is all Jane's fault. USAF was back in 98 before XP came out and it worked fine on Win 95/98. In fact, the only Jane's games I have that work 100% correctly are F/A-18 and Fighters Anthology. All of my Novalogic game work right. Unfortunately some of my favorite games like F-22 ADF(D.I.D.), iF-22(I-Magic), and Star Trek Generations(MicroProse) will not even open or accept the exe command or something like that.

Its just my observation, but it seems to me that Microsoft had intentionally made XP compatable with the software of certain companies in an effort to shut down the competition and boost their monopoly. But don't just take my word for it.

I gave that game away about a month ago, I just got tired of trying to make it work, was a real problem here. You have to remmember, it had to be patched just for a pIII...........

I'm still looking for a replacement as good,

;(

Well I have the same issue with not being able to access the pull down menus in Windows XP MCE. This is definetely one of my favorite games and it is really disappointing that it does not function properly. Are there no patchs or suggestions availible???? Someone PLEASE help us!

I tried loading Janes USAF on XP Professional. Yes it had the problem in the graphics setup options. But then it locked up my PC completely, needed reset button! I deleted everything to do with USAF and reinstalled. Same happened again, I gave up. Maybe I'll try to find a patch and try again sometime. I can't go back to 98 now, shame, it was a good sim. Anybody heard of a sure fix, please let me know.