Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
repoman22

Auto-set Processor Affinity

Hi there! I know that by using the taskmanager, Ctrl+alt+del, i can go to a process, set it's priority to realtime, high, etc, and the processor that I want it to run on. Is there a way to set this automatically? I'd love to just click on a game icon, and have it load the correct priorty level and affinity. I've seen the faq on automatically setting process priority, but NOT one on affinity. THANKS!!!

From what I understand, you don't have to worry about this. Most (well-programed) games will control their cpu priority independent of what's reported in the task manager.

Unfortunately, not everyone out there programs well, and for some reason, The chat window in Red Alert2, the window that opens when you join a game is absolutely tiny. It doesn't resize with the various resolutions, like it's supposed to. Same thing would happen in windows 2000. (I'm using xp 2600.)

On a side note, I currently use a dual-celeron 375, setup on a Shuttle-HOT 649A dual slot one board. The manual claims it can handle multipliers up to 7.5x, with the latest, and last bios update it can use P3 Coppermines. If anyone out there can knows anything about using a p3-700 or higher with this board please let me know if it works. Intel's prices are high as it is, and I don't want to waste money on a setup that isn't functional. Celeron 500's are soo cheap right now, like 31$, they use a 7.5x 66MHz FSB. I was thinking of just using 2 of them and attempting to overclock them, atleast a little to like 620MHz. Though I've seen that possibly 750MHz is attainable through VERY VERY aggressive cooling, water + 156Watt peliter. Also, If ANYONE HAS A SITE ON BIOS HACKING, IN GENERAL, EVEN A BEGINNER'S GUIDE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I just graduated with a bachelor's of science in electrical engineering, so I'm comfortable with assembly.

I switched from win2k to Xp (2600) a short while ago. Imagecfg isn't included on the cd. Has the program been renamed for xp?