Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FrogMaster

Dets 21.81

I downloaded, from the ftp site, 12.41-win2k.exe and that one has no support for TNT2 Ultra...only TNT2, TNT2 Pro, TNT Model 64 and TNT Model Pro....must I wait for the non-WQHL?

If you go to the driver archive part of the site you can get the WHQL version though personally I prefer the non WHQL ...but then again I'm crazy like that.

[edit] ooops the only ones in the archive are 12.41 sorry.

I tried to install these, I have a GeForce 2 MX (the creative labs one) and they don't seem to take, I've tried all kinds of things to get them to go and NOTHING has worked... also, why aren't they digitally signed? I mean, hell they are straight from the source aren't they??

HELP ME!

I get the damn things to install.. setup and work fine.. Untill I reboot.. then it dies. EVERY TIME.. HELP!

You might want to try to get them from nVidia again. Some of the mirrors had corrupted setup files. Mine wouldn't do anything either, until I tried to launch it from the command line, and I got the error "application is too large to fit in memory space". I got them again (from nVidia directly this time, not a mirror) and they worked fine.

These drivers rock, put my 3d2k1 score to 6550 in winXP, up from 5760.

1.4 tbird & geforce3 helps tho smile

Well, I did a system restore to a few days ago, then redownloaded and tried again and viola it worked.

I think possibly something was corrupt or something.

anyhow.. thanks for those concerned.

Hi guys!

Any results for Detonators 21.81 & GeForce MX 400 & XP 2600 ?

I read something that there is performance boost for GeForce 3 but what abou MX 400 ?

Thanks and regards

D.

Can't give ya numbers man.. but there is DEFINATELY an increase.. Max Payne runs smoother.. as does NHL 2001 at the highest res on a GeForce 2 MX (anihalator 2 mx card)

Havent tried D3D yet but OpenGL definatly has a nice boost to it, about 20fps more in q3 which i cant complain about smile Thats with a GF2Ultra so it does help on non-GF3 cards.

lol, i got a gf2mx and the new det's gave me a BSOD when trying to play a video:

//

// Watchdog Event Log File

//

LogType: Watchdog

Created: 2001-09-11 09:13:45

TimeZone: 300 - Eastern Standard Time

WindowsVersion: XP

EventType: 0xEA - Thread Stuck in Device Driver

//

// The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop. This

// usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device

// driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your

// display device vendor for any driver updates.

//

ShutdownCount: 6

Shutdown: 0

EventCount: 2

BreakCount: 2

BugcheckTriggered: 1

DebuggerNotPresent: 1

DriverName: nv4_disp

EventFlag: 1

DeviceClass: Display

DeviceDescription: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400

HardwareID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0110&SUBSYS_710214AF&REV_A1

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

DriverFixedFileInfo: FEEF04BD 00010000 0005000D 00010885 0005000D 00010885 0000003F 00000008 00040004 00000003 00000004 00000000 00000000

DriverCompanyName: NVIDIA Corporation

DriverFileDescription: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 21.81

DriverFileVersion: 5.13.01.2181

DriverInternalName: nv_disp.dll

DriverLegalCopyright: Copyright © NVIDIA Corp. 1996-2001

DriverOriginalFilename: nv_disp.dll

DriverProductName: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 21.81

DriverProductVersion: 5.13.01.2181

Clutch had mentioned something about some people getting corrupted downloads of the 21.80's. May want to try downloading them again.

I'm running them it 2k, and they are the first new dets I've used since the 12.10's when I went back to using the 10.80's which worked very well for me. These are really good, although I guess you can only get so much juice out of the card, no matter what driver you use.

Ok i do have a problem with them now frown These dets dont fix my refresh problem, i.e where its stuck at 60hz. Now usually i use the nvidia refresh fix to get around this and that works perfectly. Howerver the program refuses to recognise i have an nVidia card so i cant change my refresh rate and 60hz is killing my eyes frown

Anyone got a different workaround for this? (Other than changing drivers)

Did you try to use the refresh rate fix before you rebooted?

If so, do the reboot after you install the drivers, then use the fix.

This is what I ran into with them and how I solved my problem. It was under Win2k tho, so I can't be 100% sure it will work in XP.

I am running XP and installed the 21.81 drivers. I have seen a very slight increease in 3DMark2001, about 150 points. But I have also noticed a decrease in FPS in Counter Strike. Before I was getting 70 FPS and now I am getting 60 FPS. So far I am not really happy with these. On another point. I am not really happy with XP either. When I had 2k installed with the 12.41 drivers I got a score of 3150 on 3DMark2001, when I switched over to XP it droped to around 2900. I thought that XP was suposed to be better for that kind of applications.

Those with the GeForce 3 will see the biggest performance jump under XP.

150 points in 3DMark2001 is nothing to complain about with just a driver update.

I was just complaining more about the loss of fps. It doesnt really make that much difference but I am still not happy with them. But I seem to be a minority in this case.

Thanks for the reply Brian. I already had the 14.20s installed so what i did was... add/remove programs, got rid of the nvidia drivers, reboot. Extracted the new drivers to a folder and installed them instead of the default ones, reboot. Run fix and i get told i dont have an nvidia card so it wont work. So i have rebooted after the driver install. This is on RC1 btw, i dont know if that makes a difference at all?

Hmmm. The only things I can think of to try, other than go back to the Dets you were using, is to download them again and/or try to get a hold of a newer version of the refresh rate fix. Clutch posted somewhere about some people having a corrupted download. I got mine off Nvidia's site, but they're not the official ones.