Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OscarP

WinXP and dual sound cards

Hey, WinXP simply refuses to have both my soundcards installed and working at the same time. It worked just fine in ME and 2000. Both soundcards are Vortex 1 cards (both are the same) so new drivers are unfortunately out of the question.

I've tried to swap the cards to different PCI slots but no progress. Device manager gives "Error 10. Device could not be started"

Any ideas are welcome!

Thanks! confused

FatFish----> Naaah, I need two.

Brian Frank----> Okey, but why? It worked just fine in the earlier versions of Windows.

Contact microsoft about this? If it worked in win2k it should work in XP.There might be something wrong with XP? My problem is the computer wont turn off automatically it just gives me the "its now safe to turn off the computer."

As with you it worked in win2k...

I am running an SBlive! in one slot, and a Phillips Acoustic Edge 5.1 in the other. I do not have any problems.

I think the problem is that they are identical soundcards. I have a friend who could not get two SBlive!s to work in win2k or win98se.

Thanks for all the replies! I guess I have to try it with another soundcard then. If it doesn't work after that I'll contact MS. Once again, thanks for helping!