Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shovmyfist

FULL IE 6.0 Installation

does anyone know where to dl the IE 6.0 Final Full installaion becuase my IE 5 currently is screwed up so when i run the IE 6.0 installaion (450kb) it has to dl about another 10 mb and it doesnt work on my comp cuase the IE doesnt work! So im thinkin microsoft has like an installaion aviable to dl for large netowrks but i cant find it!

Download the installation file (ie6setup.exe)

Go to a command prompt and browse to the directory you downloaded it to. Type the following command exactly:

ie6setup.exe /c:"ie6wzd /d:1"

and it'll download all the files you need to perform an install on any machine. You'll need to throw the ie6setup.exe into the same directory that you download the other files to (default = "C:\windows update setup files" or something similar.

Go to the Microsoft sites:

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

http://www.microsoft.com/ie/ .

Select IE6, and download to receive the setup management tool (468K).

Run the setup manager and accept the download agreement.

After the report "initializing setup..." choose option "Install Minimal or Customize Your Browser." because it includes the option to "download and install later." Click Next.

At the first "Options" screen ("Component Options"), click the "Advanced" button and then select "download only." Click Next.

At the next "Options" screen, make the appropriate choices for download type and destination.

After download has completed, run the newly-downloaded separate Setup tool in whatever the download directory you specified.

You can re-run that Setup as often as you wish without a new download of all those files.

I've not installed IE6 under Win2k and all my XP machines already have it.

But, I didn't think the 'customize your browser' was an option under Win2k.

Well it certainly wasn't under IE 5.5, you just downloaded a standard upgrade installation and that was it.

BladeRunner is right. I've put IE6 on a few Win2k machines now, and there is no customise option available when you choose to download it.

The setup program will do install everything automatically. You'll need to do as Xiven says.