Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nobleknight

Mouse acceleration problems in CS

I have some mouse acceleration problems when I am playing CS. In windows everything feels alright but when I am playing Counterstrike then the mouse acceleration seems weird. I can move the mouse slowly from a to b and that is one whole turn in cs, but if I move the mouse fast then I can turn around about 3 times...... No very pleasant as you are normally used to the fact that you should be able to move the mouse one turn even if you move it faster just that you turn around a bit faster. Heck I don´t want to turn around 3 times if I move the mouse a bit faster.

PLEASE I plead to thee for help. I am using win xp 2600 and I have a razer boomslang 2000 mouse. Counterstrike runs VERY smooth and work VERY well in all situations beside the strange mouse acceleration, I have tried 98 compability mode with no difference.

Best Regards

/Mikael

i had the same prob in HL and HL mods.

You are most likely using directx to play. Use Opengl, that's what solved my prob.

Hope this helps you out, it bugged me too I wasn't able to play..

I have the same problem with nobleknight too. Well...playing on my brother's computer that is. His system has Windows XP and playing Counter-Strike on his computer is not that good. Mouse feels weird like nobleknight said. I like the mouse speed and acceleration setting in Win2k. I wonder why Microsoft didn't do the same with XP. Anyways, I followed what BLooDMaN said and removing SmoothMouse**curve thing from registry doesn't fix the problem.

HL.exe -noforcemparms

put that after Hl.exe command line in Gamespy or what ever u use to exe program

shag_man: thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you smile

You just saved me from going back to ME again smile

shag_man, just out of curousity, what does -noforcemparms do? I am wondering why I gotta but that in Windows XP and not on other OSes like Win2k and Win98. Especially since Win2k and Windows XP are based on NT engine.

-noforcemaccel

Type: Parameter

Description: Disable the forcing of mouse acceleration on startup.

-noforcemparms

Description: Disable the forcing of mouse parameters on startup.

-noforcemspd

Description: Disable the forcing of mouse speed on startup.

phop

#software @ irc.infatech.net

Hmmm...above tips seem too work better but it still doesn't feel the same as in Win2k. Right now, the only problem is moving small distance on the screen. I have "mouse precision.." mode on too.

what i did, to get my mouse feeling quite the same it was in win me:

- regedit

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse

- change:

MouseSensitivity "0"

MouseSpeed "1"

MouseThreshold1 "7"

MouseThreshold2 "8"

i think its almost the same feeling as in win/me smile

(for low mouse-acc, and middle mouse-speed)

yeah, right now I have Win2k installed and it is set at: low mouse acceleration and average (middle) speed. For some reason XP's mouse control is weird. Kinda feel like it is on high acceleration and I am having a hard time moving the mouse over small distance. I thought with Mouse precision option on, that would fix moving the small distance problem but it didn't help. I might go and install XP back on to see if your tip helps.

I'm also having crummy mouse movement in xp with a usb intellimouse explorer. It seems ok now on the desktop after my last clean install, but in half life it feels completely wacked.

Lythium, try harlekin's and shag_man's suggestions. I use them both and my Counter-Strike's mouse control is about as good as Win2k's mouse control.

Quote:

what i did, to get my mouse feeling quite the same it was in win me:

- regedit

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse

- change:

MouseSensitivity "0"
MouseSpeed "1"
MouseThreshold1 "7"
MouseThreshold2 "8"

i think its almost the same feeling as in win/me smile
(for low mouse-acc, and middle mouse-speed)

Could you explain what command does what of those 4 ?? I used NO Acceleration and middle mouse-speed and i need to know which of those commands i need to change for the Acceleration.

actually i have pinpointed WHAT the problem is but no idea how to fix it (well my problem anyway)

problem, when sidestepping left or right and try to turn (or doing a circle stafe as i prefer to call it) about 50% of the time the mouse just jerks behind and refuses to move smooth....if you are not holding down left or right keys it doesnt happen.....

anyone with solutions please?

New intellipoint 4 software fixed my ms optical mouse with HalfLife/CS. Almost feels as accurate and smooth as win2k.

Well .. i have a Logitech mouse =]

Anyways .. there is a slider in the new Mouseware from Logitech that supports WinXP to adjust the Acceleration .. but it feels different with the same settings as in Win2k.

I used No Acceleration and medium mouse speed in Win2k and if i select the same after installing the mouseware in XP it feel a lot different .. but atleast you can select the Acceleration .. better than nothing.

sorry for bringing this old one up again, but does anybody of you know if this problem also accours with the home edition of xp?

Quake 2 is still, after trying the above suggestions, mouse accelerated.

Using IntelliMouse 1.1A PS/2 with 4.01 drivers.

Please someone find a fix !!!