Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emthompson

Weird mp3 problem!!!

All of my mp3 files have the defalt windows icon (dont know what it is called but it is white with the windows flag on it). I tried reinstalling winamp to see if that helped. Winamp is my defalt mp3 player if that also helps. Anyone have any suggestions?

Is the .mp3 extension associated with Winamp? i.e., when you double click an mp3, it plays in Winamp? If yes, go into WinAmp options, preferences (ctrl-p) and click on file types. There you can choose the file icon and playlist icon for all of your mp3 files and playlists. It might take a reboot for it to show correctly.

Sorry I should have mentioned that I did that already. This problem wasnt present when I had ME. Then I did a fresh install to 2000. This was about a year ago. I have done about 4 fresh installs after that and each time the mp3 icon is the same. (just a note, I didn't reinstal because of this problem) I have tried associating mp3's with media player and then back again to winamp to see if that makes any diff. I upgraded my winamp but that still didn't work. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but that doesn't work either. I guess that I will just have to live with this problem.