Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hana

Still problems with my HPT370

Please can anyone help me?I tried a lot of drivers for my HPT 370 raid,(as the DEVIANT advise bellow - v1.03,..)but it is not good yet,it's a little bit better as with MS XP original drivers, but I feel that my system freeze for a while when i try to load something greater from my HD, my mouse cursor freeze for a few seconds, it's not good. My system is slower on XP as when it was on W2K.

Has anybody idea what I can do with it?

pleease

ps: i'm runnig on XP2526

sorry I won't be able to help

the thing I did is disable hpt370 from bios n use via controller

it performs better here

tested with benchmarks

also normal usage too

Last time I checked, XP has drivers for the HPT370 on it. I didn't have any problems with it working properly, but then again I haven't had problems with Via either.

ok.I change my HD from raid to IDE(ide is the ata 100 compatible) but my problem still occur...where may be the a mistake? i don't know where is the problem now....mouse is still stopping and system freeze for a while ...for example when I play video file a I play mp3, the the mp3 is scrathig:-)....who can help me?

hana, may it be your dma not enabled for your ata/100 channels

probably looks like that

d/l taskinfo : http://www.tweakfiles.com/diagnostic/taskinfo2000.html

n monitor your system

when u do big file transfers from hd or to hd check cpu usage, normally it shouldn't use more than %10 cpu, if it does like %40 or more for sure your dma is not enabled. If that's your problem it's easy u can enable dam from device manager - ide ata/atapi controllers.

also sometimes hpt controllers have dma problem too, normally by default dma is enabled with them , n no menu to disable it but sometimes somehow dma may be disabled for hpt370 too n the only way to enable it is flash a different bios as I know

hope helps

Make sure your HPT driver matches the bios level for your motherboard. I ran across the same thing and had to go back to the

HPT driver 1.03b1 to match the SA6R bios and my problems disappeared

Well...after re-flashing my BIOS to 1.03b, and reinstalling the 1.03b drivers....everything SEEMS to be working!!!

I'm quite happy...mouse is smooth and MP3s play properly.