Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FunnyMuffin

Logitech Mouseware not working

I use RC2 and am unable to get Mouseware to install. I does not give me an error, but it seems like Windows keeps using its own driver (date 1-7-200). I have downloaded the latest Mouseware for Win2k, with no luck.

I need those drivers to get my thumb button to work and to let the scroll wheel function better.

I am really desperate, anyone who can help me?

I got it to work, but i don't know exactly how. I must have installed those drives 20 times.

Anyway, I used older drivers, version 9.00. Those seem to work better than the newest ones.

Install them via the 'have disk' option.

But I also have problemen getting sound out of my rear speakers (with the sb live) and RC2 can't log off properly, so I quit and install win2k.

Winxp is too incompatible, for now.

Same problem here.

I have the MouseMan iFEEL and Windows XP appears to install the drivers correctly but when you select mouse properties, Mouseware detects the mouse as an M series 2 button mouse.

I mailed Logitech to ask them about release date for WinXP Mouseware and the response I got was worrying to say the least.

"We cannot comment on un released operating system support. We will consider weather to support this OS as and when it is realeased to the general public".

I bet this means that there won't be a Mouseware for XP for AGES after XP hits the shelves. Same as it was when Win2k came out, took them about 4 months.

Ok, here's what you need to do...

First of all, install mouseware as usual.

Then, open the mouseware installer with Winzip (yes, it works) and extract all the files in it.

Next, go into device manager and change the driver for the mouse - use the have disk option and point it to the Win2000 subfolder of the location where you extracted the files to with winzip...Change the driver to the one located there

After you reboot, mouseware will detect the proper driver and will give you access to all the functions of it's application.

Hope this helps!!!

Devildog

Thank you! This is probably the way I got it to work, but I tried so many things I couldn't remember frown.

Do you also have a trick to get SB Live Value + 4-speaker to work properly?

Nope - I'm no help there, in fact, I had so many problems with the bug-ridden drivers that creative put out for Win2k that I ditched my live card and bought a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.. Their driver support thus far has been outstanding! The day that XP RC1 was released they already had a beta driver available (not a leak, it's on their main driver download page), and since then they have released at least one more new build of the beta driver.

I have full access to all EAX, A3D , Digital output as well as 4 speaker output in all applications and games, none of which gave me the first lick of a problem...

I wish you the of luck my friend - if the support that creative gave Win2k is any indication of the support they are going to give Windows XP, your best bet is to count your losses and move on to another card who's manufacturer gives a damn about it's customers and does not give a lame excuse like "Windows 2000 was never intended for gaming purposes, if you want better support for games, you should stick with Windows 98 or Windows ME".

Devildog

Amen to that.

I did the same thing. Sick and tired with Creative messing about I went and got a SantaCruz. I still have a support call open with creative about crackling.

They keep telling me that it is the SB16 DOS emulation causing the problem and I keep telling them that there is no SB16 emulation because there is no DOS in Win2k!

They also told me to put some crap in my autoexec.bat and config.sys files!

At this point I shouted at them and said ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME? I RUN WINDOWS 2000 NOT WINDOWS 9X. "Oh" said the support representative. "We aren't trained on that, so we can't really help you".

Jees. They are going to have fun with all the people who upgrade to WinXP from WinME and then their SB Dead doesn't work properly anymore.

what driver set are u using

because i have tried that, and it just detects a m series on a usb port.

i have manually selected the mouseman drivers and they worked, but the application, didnt realise or something

btw i have a mouse man optical

and am using the latest drivers the 929b100en.exe

I'm using USB because the iFEEL Mouseman doesn't support PS2.

I tried all of the driver substitution listed above but had no joy. The Moseware control panel fails to recognise the Mouseman and detects it as an M series no matter what drivers I install.

i got it workin.

by manually selecting the 900b99en drivers and using the latest software.

but found that it didnt fix xps mouse movement probem.

ie even with mouse accel turned off it was still there.

When you say "manulally selecting 900b99en drivers"

Can you take me through the EXACT steps you took to get it to work.

Did you install Mouseware then unpack the installer and substitute drivers?

ok basically

install the lastest mouseware.

then extract the 900ben ones

manually choose 2 get the drivers from the win2k part.

and select optical mouseman

all other drivers sets

dont have optical mouseman

but instead just mouseman

O.K. that works better. It now detects as a 3 button mouse and I can program the wheel button.

However, I still can't program the thumb button. Any more ideas?