Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hawksnest24

totem media player error

:x HI!! I am having a bit of a problem being able to play my DVD's on Totem Media Player... other than that I love Totem, I have been able to play CD's, stream music, etc... but play DVD's. Maybe the following error message from my console will help:

[jdhall@localhost jdhall]$ totem

libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 1-rc0a from http://xine.sf.net

libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.

libdvdnav: DVD Title: MY_BIG_FAT_GREEK_WEDDING

libdvdnav: DVD Serial Number: 2d9abe45

libdvdnav: DVD Title (Alternative): MY_BIG_FAT_GREEK_WEDDING

libdvdnav: Unable to find map file '/home/jdhall/.dvdnav/MY_BIG_FAT_GREEK_WEDDING.map'

libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00fe0000. Regions: 1

libspudec:init_plugin called

libdvdread: Invalid IFO for title 1 (VTS_01_0.IFO).

libdvdnav: ifoOpenVTSI failed - CRASHING!!!

totem: vm.c:204: ifoOpenNewVTSI: Assertion `0' failed.

Killed

THANKS!

Hi

I have just removed XP from my computer for MDK 10 and I have the same problem that you had with totem.

did you solved your pb ? and if yes how ?

thanks

Jacques

libdvdcss is my guess...maybe you dont' have encrypted dvd read support and that library will solve it...also make sure you got libdvdread installed=)

Daum

Originally posted by matttah:

Quote:
libdvdcss is my guess...maybe you dont' have encrypted dvd read support and that library will solve it...also make sure you got libdvdread installed=)

Daum

That is without a doubt the problem. you need the decss code from libdvdcss to decrypt teh dvd which make you a criminal as far as the RIAA is concerned. wink Just get the pkg for your distro and install it.

libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable

For anyone still having the problem playing DVD's

I can confirm that the problem is the missing css components

Once I restored them I could play dvd's again.

Credit goes to the person who suggested this in an earlier thread.

It should also be noted that a problem with the Mandrake distribution including 10.1 exists. One in which at some point the software components required to play dvd's are quietly removed. Futher, the rpm database is some how modified to prevent you from re-installing them using the gui interface. This has happened to me with Mandrake 10.0 and 10.1. Very frustrating. It makes the dvd playback solution very flimsy. At any point in time the components can be removed.

I don't know if this occurs when I move to install another software component or if it occurs by just taking updates from Mandrake for security fixes and bug fixes.