Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HELLBRINGER

Ahhh!!!!! damn vsdatant.sys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok... I have a webserver runnning. With PHP and a database... It is working fine. Except... every onces in a while if someone is accessing the website, it will get a BSOD and do a memory dump and say there was some sort of error with vsdatant.sys... I am not exactly sure what the problem is but I think it is the php installed on my server....

Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on!? This really pisses me off.... lol

If you would have bothered to look at the properties of this file wink you would have seen that it is a "truevector device driver" from the company zonelabs inc.

This is the company that makes zonealarm and truevector is part of the firewall engine. So you might want to uninstall zonealarm and see if the problems go away or maybe try a newer version of the firewall (current version: 2.6.231)

Greetz

Hmmm... Ok makes sense... I will check it out. Maybe something is getting scrweed up and ZA thinks someone is haking with the php....

Thanks...

Ok i got an update for it i think that will fix the prob... Says it had some problems with that file in win2k server....

thx!

Hellbringer

As a general guideline, every time you get a BSOD and a file is listed that isn't NTOSKRNL, search your harddriev for the file.

Where it is located may give you some indication as to the program that's causing the crash.

Alternatively, right clicking the file and selection properties, then going to the version tab will tell you what the file does, and where it came from.

This way, you'll be able to know exactly which apps are causing the BSOD.

Hope this helps for the future,

Rgds

AndyF