Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FadedTimes

RC2 MSDN bad files?

Anyone know how to check to see the files are valid? First time I downloaded the self extracting files it had a corrupt setup.exe. When I downloaded the ISO and then the install had alsoa few corrupt files. Bootok.exe, and the asms under i386. I am attempting to download from MSDN again... anyone else have problem?

Are you sure your burner is burning the ISO images correctly, I had this problem once and the cd had like 20 bad files on it that couldn't be read. Try burning at a lower speed and see what happens.

Good Luck

PrinceAli0

If you are using Nero, be sure to check "Disc at once".

/Toby

ive been trying to download rc2 2149 for days and EVERY download has had corrupt files! whether from microsofts own site or an alternate site! what the heck! doesnt Microsoft know thier bloody files are corrupt? really bizzare! ive got broadband connection , can download it in 1 hr, so no big deal to try again, but thos4 with dial up will be very frustrated to download for days and find thier file useless when they try to unzip it!. really inexcuseable for microsoft to NOT be aware of the quality of thier service pack that they themselves are posting for download.. to keep finding ur downloads from microsoft are corrupt is insane! anyone else finding trouble? i tried to slipstream one and found it had all kinds of missing files or un copyable files during the install process!.. have older sp2 versions such as 2055 that work flawlessly.. hope to hear from others

First, this thread is about 3 years old, it's not about Service Pack 2 for Windows XP.

Second, as I have downloaded the RC2 builds of SP2 several times, I can assure you that the copy/copies on Microsoft's server farm is/are not corrupt.

You may wish to try a download manager if your downloads are corrupting.

adam i dont know if you have tried to download Recently from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2predl.mspx but i did again after abt 5 bad downloads and again the file completely downloads ,but when unzipped it says corrupt archive.. this is the US version full network installer at 264 mb.. i Had been able to get a working download in past when MS just first released it.. but Right now, if you go to site i listed see if you yourself dont get a bad download.. im very curious! other downloads fo other software or drivers unzip fine for me.. dont need a download manager as im always connected with BB.also please check this other link.http://www.halflifesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8004 thanks Adam, look forward to your feedback..please try a download from the MS link Now and see what you get.. pkf

Pkf, I downloaded the RC2 from the public site, from the link you provided. Previously, I had been downloading from http://windowsbeta.microsoft.com.

The download was successful (in about 10 minutes, I'm loving my 4Mb connection), and the extraction was also successful, as you can see in this screenshot:

http://webpages.charter.net/adamvjackson/xpsp2.jpg

Not sure what problem you're having. I have WinRAR installed and right-clicked on the xpSP2.exe and chose "Extract to xpSP2" (creating a new folder).

thank you both for ur feed back on the sp2 downloads.. thanks for trying the download.. i tried again and still could not get it to unzip without a corrupt file message.. i tried just clicking on the sp2 exe which read corrupted .. and also using winrar.. either way file was useless.. all i can assume is either theres a problem with my computer and ill have to try download with another computer to test this theory.. or perhaps the isp i have may in some way be afecting the downloads so that corruption happens along the way.. anyway ,best perhaps to try another computer for the download and see what i get.. this is my last post, dont want to beat this matter to death,, just needed feedback a s to whether it was my end or microsoft.. thanks guys. paul