Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gringo

Detonator uninstallation problems

First off, I'm running Windows 2000 SP2 on a VisionTek GF3, but I use detonator drivers.

After I uninstall a previous version of detonator drivers using the add/remove programs wizard, I have problems installing new ones. I go to hardware manager, right click on the VGA adapter, go through the whole update driver thing, specify location, blah blah. After installing the new drivers, however, it doesn't display the reboot prompt after installing. Often times I reboot manually, but then the drivers are messed up after I reboot and don't work.

I was thinking that it might help to switch the display adapter to Standard VGA adapter after uninstalling the first drivers, but I couldn't find it in the driver list.

Any help?

You're using nvmax in win2k?

I tried uninstalling them with nvmax once and it still gave me the same results.

Ok, this is pissing me off. In the readme for NVCleaner, it says to change my video adapter to Standard Display Adaptor (VGA), but I can't find out how to do that for the life of me! When I try to change the driver and choose from a list, it's not in there. Help!

Yes...I use NvMax in W2k. When you use the uninstall feature, it reboots your machine. Once rebooted W2k will try to find another driver or card. Do not press OK or Cancel, let all your startup processes loadup, if the prompt is still asking for OK or cancel, press cancel. W2k will then select Standard VGa adaptor for you.

Try that.