Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AdamIsRockWild

Secure Login

I am trying to setup Secure Login page on my IIS 3.0 NT 4.0 Server. (Similar to the initial login page on Outlook Web Access) in the fact that it uses the NT Domain Account data base for access. What would you suggest? ASP Login? I don't want to use "NTFS Partition Permissions" for authentication. If anyone could steer me in any type of direction... i'd be very appreciative.

Why not use NTFS permissions? It would be a much stronger solution. I am not familiar with any method that would allow access to the SAM in that manner.

I wouldn't have a problem using that for access to the "secure area".. but i was hoping there was a similar way to set it up that authenticates you on the domain... in the same manner that outlook web access login.asp page accesses the SAM to authenticate users from anywhere in the world.

i am leaning towards the NTFS permisions just because it is alot easier.. i was yearning for the gui of the login page though. frown

I must be missing something in your statement then, since OWA in Exchange 5.5 still requires "anonymous" access (to get to logon.asp) and "clear text authentication" (to bounce off the SAM). Even though you have a GUI logon, its only purpose is to provide what mailbox you are using. Exchange 2K requires NTLM authentication and has no GUI logon page at all. So, it would seem that if you are wanting to follow the OWA example, you will still see some sort of NT prompt anyway via the web browser.

I found something that *might* help you out, if you are still looking to try this. Over here, the writer has a method to authenticate via ADSI and ASP. He warns that it may not work on some systems, but that it does function well. I haven't tried it, but I thought I would let you know.