Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
clutch

Windows XP delay? Gotta love it!

I'll prolly do more than hang back. I'll prolly wait for BlackBomb, or whatever it's called now. I do not see any true benefits of going to XP yet, when Win2k is so darn sweet. I've tried two releases of WinXP and I have not liked it. Too much crap all over the place. You wanna change the speed of your mouse? Here, let's go through three wizards!

Anyways, I would have to agree that all this court stuff with Microsoft is pathetic. Just today I received a free CD in the mail from AOL, offering me 1000 free hours. Wanna talk about taking advantage of power... let's talk AOL. Now I won't touch AO Hell with a 50 foot pole, not even if it was the last internet company on earth.. and never have I ever signed up for ANY AOL service besides IM. Even then, I did not submit my address or any other personal information. I can't remember the last time I got a free trial version of Windows in the mail for no apparent reason... let's see.. never?

Anyways... perhaps those companies should realize that they probably would not even exist if it wasn't for Microsoft. And as far as that economic boom we had in the 90's... quit blaming Bill Clinton. He had nothing to do with it. It was all Bill Gates and Alan Greenspan. I am all for free-market open competition and I'm against monopolistic power, but some cases need to be looked at a bit differently. Microsoft put computers and the internet into American households like no company before. The implications of this proved enormous. Business sprung up like wildflowers, and companies couldn't hire enough employees. Truly, Microsoft connected the country's businesses with their respective customers like never before and as a result created a 24/7 business day.

In the end... this BS about Microsoft needs to stop. Instead of griping about how they included Internet Explorer with Windows (just like BeOS, Linux, and QNX do), we should be thanking them for the opportunities they have presented for this country's economy. Imagine the 90's without Microsoft, and without any company who did what Microsoft did. Where would we be?

Anyways... to heck with AOL and let's put Regan on the $10 bill.

Later guys!

I agree with both of you.

Clinton got the credit for something Regan did. Now ppl are blaming Bush for the economic troubles, which were caused by Slick Willy.

I don't agree or like everything MS does, but I do agree with you clutch, today's society is a "if you can't beat 'em, sue 'em."

Pathetic.

XP does look good, but if they have to change stuff, there's no harm in waiting until a service pack comes out to undo the damage.

Service Packs only make things worse in a lot of cases, how many people came here b1tching about problems with SP1 for Win2k? what about SP2? the only service packs that i didn't have trouble with were SP3 and SP6a for NT4. As for the rushing of XP....I have been using the Beta's and RC's for awhile, i have 2526 RC2 now and have not had one single problem with it, and far as i'm concerned it's ready for RTM.

I agree. Of course, the only issue I'm running into is that I won't have the dough to buy XP Pro, which I'll need at least one copy of to make use of my duallie rig. I'm sure I'll get XP Pro on both my rigs, but there is the whole networking issue with NetBEUI--which the unsupported driver for it on the RC1 disk works okay, but I still need to work with it a little. Not sure if it's poorly written or what, but it doesn't like to play nice with all the machines.

And yes, I wouldn't be using NetBEUI, but I am not the LAN god at home, so I have to go with what settings I'm told to have, otherwise this wouldn't be such an issue. Even if I don't go to XP, Win2k is still a good OS.

Brian....allow me to let you in on a little secret.......

<whisper>..you don't HAVE to buy it...</whisper>

LOL, plenty of places to DL it, plenty of cracks too.

I know that, I haven't done my research on where to obtain it, which I'll do when I need it. ;(

Other than my personal issues with XP, it's fine as far as I can tell.

What the ***&)*& with your "you don't have to buy it? Yeah you could "STEAL" it, how cool is that. Be proud of what a great image you give off of this board as a moderator and actually suggestion to steal products.

Oh don't get me going,

~Jennifer 8)