Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Killer_Wolf

Max Payne and XP

i think sapiens you need to stop jumping down his throat. The whole problem was that someone wasn't reading Sle's post right the 1st time which started this whole argument.

No problem you guys wanna be like that I won't post help here. Besides he edit his origianl post to make it look better. If because you think I didn't read someone's post correctly gives him the right to be an ***, then fine. Have fun. Was trying to help, and I won't again

"Besides he edit his origianl post to make it look better"

Hahahah buddy! Even more humor for tonight! Your a one man show, you should seriouly think about getting a career in show biz.

Please point out WHERE and WHEN it mentions in my posts I edited them, perhaps you would like to me talk to the mod and arrange to check the logs? Heh you just can't seem to take it when someone gives you a little attitude about your own ignorance, folly, screw up, whatever you want to call it.

Just let it go man, geez

"Was trying to help, and I won't again"

No offence man, but I don't need your help and if your just gonna make sh1t up just to try and defend your position then you shouldn't be helping anyone anyway.

Watch, this is how it's done:

I will admit to being a bit harsh in my post but I have a low tolerance for that kinda of sillyness.

I appologise.

I will even admit that my install of the latest drivers merely allowed my buddy to play out the level he wasn't able to load and then had the same crashing issues again.

Tada!, no bullsh1t, no making stuff up, no judging you and attempting to make myself feel superior after screwing up.

I'm letting this go now and won't be posting in this thread again so give a retort if you like but you will get no more time for this sillyness.

K, Me too, I was pissed and thought you were talking down to

us. I'll reserve judgement next time.

Now back to Max Payne :P

the kicking back to the desktop in max payne is an issue caused by the new safedisk version used.

Get the 1.01 patch released forr max payne and it should work.

It worked for me and effectively that's what the patch was for in the first place

btw i ma running it on RC1, runs like a charm

Th epatch didn't work hehe, had to go back, that's kinda wierd. I got an email for Rc2 saying I'm gonna get an email to download it. Kinda like getting a letter in the mail saying "Your checks in the mail." Why not include it hehe

Im running Max payne on a Celeron 667, GF2 GTS, Det 14.20's, MX300 sound, XP RC1 and no issues at all.

There is a patch available for Max Payne already to fix a memory leak and other misc erros with a GF3 on an Athlon.

Hope this all helps.

Mike

this is a kickass game. Very fun and nice and gory just how i like it =). I can't wait for duke forever if Max Payne is like this, it will be worth the wait.

Man this game got pretty wierd and fast hehe. Got me all shook up. Thought I was having flashbacks.

The 1.01 Patch still don't work , gonna try it in XP RC2 when it comes out

well i have RC2 installed, a GF3 & will install Max Payne tonight- just got it delivered from Amazon- will install the 1.01 patch & let you all know what happens. PS FYI RC2 allows you to read disks burned with direct cd finally!!!! and Easy CD Creator 5 now works flawlessly- installed without any errors or anything- r0x0r cool

I have installed max payne and the 1.01 patch and it still quits out loading a level, what can i do?

tom

the newish 1410 whql totally fixed me with the latest patch.

at first the damn game wouldn't load levels at all, blah, blah, blah...

now i am all good.

windows xp rc1

Just to let you, upgraded to xp 2532 with athlon and a geforce 3 and it now works fine.

Tom

Quote:
Just to let you, upgraded to xp 2532 with athlon and a geforce 3 and it now works fine.

Tom

What is this, where do I check if I have it and if not where do I get it????

WIN XP
Geforce 4 TI 4400
Athlon 1600

So has this issue ever been fixed???

I get booted to desktop upon loading regardless....tryed the patch and I have all the latest drivers installed, I only got my PC like a month ago.....everything worked fine under WIN ME

WIN XP

geforce 4 Ti 4400 128mb

Athlon 1600

-=any ideas how to solve this??? =-

WIN XP

geforce 4 ti 4400

athlon 1600 frown

Which patch for MaxPayne did you try, 1.05 is the latest and addresses that swap back to the desktop problem. You may also want to try a no-cd crack too.

Hi all, my first post so be gentle on me, i have a Athlon and a Gforce 3, i also found that the game would work great in win 98se after i got over the first level but in Win xp pro it would crash back to desktop when loading new level. It did not mater what drivers i used for my Gf3 or what patch i installed but i stumbled on a fix that worked for me, so it may work for others also. I downloaded the game patch v1.01 then extracted the patch to a dir, then copied the file from the patch dir called:e2_d3d8_driver_mfc.dll and copied it to my Maxpayne\e2driver dir replacing the origanal. I have not had any crashes since even with all settings maxed out. I am not shure why this worked but at the time i was desperate to get the game going and tried allsorts, funny enough if i installed the whole patch it did not fix it. Hope it may help someone.

Bye,

Ian...

I'm sitting with a 1,7GHz machine, winXP and Max Payne.

Problem is that the "compatibiltytrick" doesn't work, all i get is a message telling me that an error has been created blablabla.... frown

Any other suggestions? ;(

I have never had an issue with Payne and XP. I've gone from a PIII 550 to a P4 1.8 ghz and I have yet to see a problem....