Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shakedown

Stop error on bootup

I get this error on every bootup. I know it is a Winsock related error but have no idea how to fix it.

Error code 0000000a, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 804ea395.

Everything is working fine otherwise. The only items I have running on startup are:

DNS2GO

VNC Viewer

Norton 2002 Beta

Memturbo

I have removed each 1 by 1 and still receive the error. Also, I have friends running the same OS with the same startup items and don't see the error.

Any ideas?

Shakedown

WINXP RC1 2505 - NOT CRACKED

AOpen AX59Pro

AMD K6-2 450

384MB PC-100

Voodoo3 2000 AGP

D-Link DFE-530TX+

Guillimont Fortissimo II

15GB Maxtor

Sony 10x4x32

Hitachi 32x

If it's a winsock error, you could try uninstalling then reinstalling the TCP/IP drivers, and see whether that solves the problem...

AndyF

That would be nice, but when I go to my Network Properties and highlight TCP/IP the REMOVE button is greyed out. Can't remove it.

I don't think it's that because I have DNS2GO running and I don't get the error until logging on. DNS2GO runs as a service and is connected even if I don't log in. This kinda tells me it's something running after I log in.

Still looking into it. Like I said, everything is working fine, I just get the error on every boot. Once I close the window it doesn't return until the next boot.

I can log off and back on and I don't get the error.

Oh well, might just wait till RC2 to see if it gets fixed.