Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HELLBRINGER

You should see what i did. :)

Well I don't have a picture yet. But I will soon hopefully for you guys.

I took this old funle type thing from a old Sony VAIO PCV-150 computer. That took the air from the powersupply right above the heatsink and narrowed and focused the air onto the heatsink for cooling.

Then I took this big *** fan that came with my friends case, put it on top of this funnle thing with electrical tape. Then attached a regular sized fan to the bottom of it. I then proceded to attach the little fan to the heatsink like you would attach any ordinary fan to a heatsink. So now I have 2 fans on my CPU cooling it. And I must say it is cooling quite well. The bigger fan on top is forcing so much air down on to the little fan that the little fan has to go faster. (LOL) and is going 5400 RPM instead of its 4000 average.

So that is my "improvised" fan adapter deal.

And... Then I added a fan to my heatsink on my GF2 MX and added a old heatsink/fan unit from a P333 on the other side of the core. So the GF2 MX has a fan and heatsink on both sides of the core. Top and bottom. And the card is nice and cool now to the touch during intense Q3 games instead of piping hot...

Then... I added a "system blower" fan to suck air out under the video card to remove heat hovering over the capacitors and RAM. That is working quite well. Putting the cover on and putting your hand behind the case near the blower you can feel a rush of warm air coming out. smile

Then... LOL... I took a fan from a Intel Coppermine heatsink and an old from from a P200 and put them on the sides of my hard drive blowing air over and through the heatsink fins on my HD. My HD has two heatsinks on the top. The hard drive is now... cool to the touch instead of the usual burning hot without the heatsinks and fans.

And... I have a heatsink and fan on my northbridge (which came with the mobo). I added a heatsink to the south bridge. And put two heatsinks on my sound card (top and bottom) over the core (both sides). And a heatsink on my network card.

That is 7 fans total. And 8 heatsinks.

Get this... I am not done. laughlaughlaughlaugh

Oh yaeh...

Temps before...

CPU Average was 123 F

CPU High was 131 F

CPU Low was 104 F

System Average 79 F

System High 86 F

System Low 72 F

Temps NOW laugh

CPU Average is 106 F

CPU High is 108 F

CPU Low is 97 F

System Average is 73 F

System High is 75 F

System Low is 71 F

laugh So what do you think hehe?

Although I now have a personal vaccume cleaner in my computer and it freaking sounds like on. SOB is loud!

Update:

I just took a fan from a power supply I had laying around and hooked it up... That thing is wussy! What is up with these PSU fans being wussy?

Nice!!!

/me likes fans.

Lots of fans.

Last week i spray painted my case, added an 80mm intake fan, and an 80mm exhaust fan next to the CPU fan....works pretty well.

last night i took an angle grinder to the side of my case, put in a window, gonna re-spray it today, add the actual window, and take some pics smile

Yeah me too but they are too loud. frown. I am probably going to take them out.

I want to do water cooling, something much better, and quieter.

partial immersion is better. Get some motor oil and submerge all your cards in it. A friend of mine did it and it cooled his system down A LOT.

non conductive fluids, surrounding all the equipment of a computer, motherboard and addon cards. Never actually seen it, but have heard of it.

Why would anyone wanna do that? Wouldn't it eventually corode? And how is heat removed? It would be trapped right where it came from.

And everything would be all gooey and stuff...

That is a very determined idea but I don't think I would want to do that.

Well,

A better idea would be to use compressed CO2 dies (@ -78C) and put them on the processor and then overclock it to 10Ghz.

How is that?

ARC