Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
robertirwin

Multiple mandatory user profiles

OK - this one is strictly for networking geeks.

I work at a school in IT and we're going to jack in our network software supplier for various reasons (short summary - they suck)

Our kit is basically Win98 clients / NT 4 server (no Backoffice)

So I've got to create a new system of user profiles and system policies from the ground up. The plan is to keep all that stuff on the server rather than local machines and slap down mandatory policies and profiles. I think i've got most of poledit and so on sussed, with one problem. I want to creat about 5 radically different core desktops which are allocated to users from the server - based on which group they are in. As far as I can see, NT server will only allow you to have one 'All Users' folder for mandatory policies / profiles, and the rest have to be allocated to indiviuals with mucho logon script copying. Is there a way to create several mandatory user profiles based on group (I know you can do it with policies, but thats not the prob)

Anyone?

Robert

catfishpc@hotmail.com

Damn some through ideas here. I can't help you as I am just learning about roming profiles. And that is pissing me off as it is...

I hope to learn the answer soon as I'm sure you do as well. (Why else would you be here right).

What school is this? My school as the same setup. 98 Clients and NT 4 server. Damn network is slow as hell though. Stupid 10MBPS hubs then splitters. What a joke.