Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JJ32

Dual Nics and Dual Internet conenctions..

Heh..let me try one. Maybe someone knows the answer? I have configured a Win2k Pro machine with dual NIC's. OK, easy enough so far. I now have a router and a switch.

I bring in my WAN connection to the switch and feed two lines out. One line to one of the NICs' (NIC A) and the other line from the switch into a router which hosts the internal LAN of my network. The line out from the router then feeds into the final NIC (NIC B). Both lines have internet access. I only want internet access from the the line from the switch (NIC A), but not from NIC B which is from the router. I filtered the line into NIC B so the router will not serve as an internet gateway for that line or IP Address that feeds NIC B.

Question is: HOW DO I GET IT TO DEFAULT TO NIC A FOR INTERNET ACCESS?

It seems to always look to NIC B and quit. What gives? NIC B is a statically assigned IP address while NIC A is set for auto-assign IP address. It should look to NIC B and then quit after not finding anything and move to NIC A where the internet connection actually is, but it does not. It wants it from NIC B. I can always disable NIC B's connection and it does finally work, but how do I get it to ignore NIC B for internet and access NIC A only for internet connections?

Any input?

Forget this Post guys. I fixed it. LOL! Was easy. Just too tired last night. Took me 5 min this morning. LOL! Thanks anyway. LMAO!

Hey,

I want to do the same thing...could you help me out?

I have 2 NICs on a Windows XP machine. I want NIC-A to be for Internet access only and NIC-B to be for LAN access only. Both have Internet connections. Can you please help me assign these nics.

Thanks a ton.