Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dialbolos

Network Prob

I've install Winxp RC1 on one of my computers in my home network the other 2 computers are running Win98Se and Win2K Pro SP2 all PC's have internet access through a Linksys Router and all PC's can see one another on the network what I'm having trouble with is the Win98 and Win2k PC's are unable to get access to the XP PC but can see it on the network but will not grant me access any tips would be welcome thanks...........

I'm having same problem, tho with XP and 2000. They can see each other and share files, no internet tho. Installed Sygate works like a champ now. Had to set the 2000 machine with the DSL with 192.168.0.1 and the XP machine to use DHCP. Seems to work.

Hope that helps

In some cases it's a good idea to try Netbeui when your win2k/win98/winxp machines can't c each other .. in the case of winxp it's located on the winxp cd in this folder : VALUEADD\MSFT\NET\NETBEUI .. just read the installation instructions there.

to give external computers access to your shared printers and folders, you have to run the network setup wizard, found in network connections.

Just specify "other" and then first option. now your computer should be accessible from win9x and win2k