Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoosMan

Heeeeeelp Plllllllllease!!!

I dont understand why my system is doin this....i will be surfing the net just reading or playing a game or anything else any normal human being would do and all the sudden my cpu usage jumps to 97-100%. Any ideas? i located the process that is doin this but i cant end it(see pic). any help is greatly appreciated.

Athlon 700mhz

asus mobo

leadtek 64mb geforce2 gts

philips acoustic edge

pinnicle pctv pro

256Mb ram

40gb maxtor hdd

err - that picture won't work unless you upload it to a web server....

To kill a running app, first install the support tools from the win2k cd (under support\tools). Here's the description of how to use kill:

Code:
usage: KILL [options] <<pid> | <pattern>>*           [options]:               -f     Force process kill           <pid>              This is the process id for the task               to be killed.  Use TLIST to get a               valid pid           <pattern>              The pattern can be a complete task              name or a regular expression pattern              to use as a match.  Kill matches the              supplied pattern against the task names              and the window titles.

Hope that helps....

Whoops figures i messed up the damn pic.....well anyway the pic pretty much showed the process window in the taskmanager and it shows the process of 'system' taking up 99% cpu usage. i dont mind killing the app like you said viper but i would prefer to know what the heck is actually causing the prob....any clues on that?

Perhaps someone has a remote admin program on yer comp. I noticed that if I am controling, or even VIEWING a users session over a remote admin program their CPU usage will go to 100% almost all the time no matter what they are doing it can be just sitting there.

Other than that maybe a anti-virus program or something is scanning something.

Or maybe you should stop schedueling Quake III to load 4 times and minimize every 20 minutes. LOL J/K