Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
askii64

Direct X 6.0 for NT 4?

I was surfing the internet a few days ago looking for the Direct X 5 patch for NT, and I came across this page: http://www.cnunix.com/ftp/NT4.0/directX/ and it has a file called directx6.0.exe in it. Could this be some not well known patch for NT, or something else? I have yet to try downloading it, since I don't want to mess up my computer, so I am wondering if anyone else has come across it too, and what it does. Thanks for any info.

Why not just download it and check the archive out for readmes or other info files? (Taking the proper precautions along the way, however.) I've never even seen the DirectX 5 patch work all that well on an NT4 box, though that may be more DirectX 5's fault than NT4's fault. I know people who would be very happy to be able to install a fully functional DirectX 6 or upward on their NT4 systems. If you find out what it is, I hope you'll post your findings.

Regards,

Jim

I believe NT is never going to support Direct X because thats why it automattically partions your harddrive so that things like Direct X can't access the C. Trust me alot of people in my office loaded to the C and eventually they get the BSD's that end up in reformatting the hard drive.