Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Poll: Which game is better in your opinion?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Since, out of those 3, I've only played Diablo 2 I guess I'll have to vote for that smile

No competition!!!

This is like posting a poll, which is the fastes processor:

Intel 386 DX-40

Intel 486 DX4-100

Intel PIII 1Ghz.

Baldur's Gate II wipes the floor with the other two games.

Diablo II was a massive disapointment, 3 year old looking graphics played in 640x480.

No real re-playability, after completing it I certainly didn't feel like I must play it again even with the other character classes.

Hack & Slash, no real skill required and the levels re-spawn if you save the game, there is no pick-up & play for 10-15 mins, your stuck on this for an hour at a time.

Icewind Dale - Well, I'd put this in second place.

It lacks a lot of the depth Baldur's Gate II gives you.

If the dungeon exploring part of Baldur's Gate is what you crave then this is certainly worth looking at, but the depth of sub-quests isn't there.

Baldur's Gate II - What can I say!!

This game will give you hours and hours of enjoyment.

You become attached to all your characters as they battle thorugh open ground, dungeons.

Walk through cities, complete quests.

The up coming Baldur's Gate II Expansion pack ends the Baldur's Gate series by giving you over 400 hours of game play and the ability to advance your character all the way to level 40.

Don't think about this one my friend, Baldur's Gate II plus the forthcoming expansion pack are the only way to go!!

well the only thing I think that icewind dale has and BG2 does not is the ability to customize your entire party.

I must agree with bladerunner, even though I have only played diablo 2: very boring after I played it through with paladdin. I never started with any of the other characters which - in reviews - where coined as making the game very replayable and lots of hours of fun. No thanks same story same quests hack'n slash. It was fun, but only with one character.

Ok end of my rant looks like i have to take a closer look at baldurs gate 2.

Quote:

well the only thing I think that icewind dale has and BG2 does not is the ability to customize your entire party.

You can customize your entire party in BG2 by starting a multiplayer game with only yourself...

"FPS"

Yawn!!

Once you've played one, you've played them all.

I don't know why anybody has more than one in their collection - they are all the same!

I just played a little Serious sam and x-com enforcer and they where boring to say the least. Doom 3 will be a real hit, because they use new tech and everything will look incredible. We may have another era of Doom!'s plain shoot everything find one key but it will be great because the graphics are revolutionary smile

im not a big fan of diablo and its clones, i just couldnt get into them bored the hell out of me and wasted my money. besides all they are really is guantlet on steroids:D

Quote:
musoan "dream for the future"

Now if they released an updated version of Gauntlet.

Graphics the same size as the original and gave us true 4 player action I would be the first to the queue to buy it!

The great thing about Gaunltet is that you played at the same time and could see what was going on. With the inevitable lag that would crop up in net games, the Death character would just zap you straight away. It'd be a blast for LAN games, but you really need to cram everyone around the same PC for it to have the same 'feel' as the arcade game.

Oh, and BGII for the poll!

I'd have to say BG2 by a hair over Icewind Dale just because of the sheer depth and size of the story. For me, I never quite connected with my party in BG2 as I did in Icewind Dale because, even when you customize the whole party, you're playing an established character. Icewind Dale's characters are entirely your own, it felt a little more like the old school D&D sessions I used to play with pencils and paper. Maybe the Icewind Dale expansions will add some real depth to the gameplay. Diablo never really appealed to me, it's an action game really, not so much an RPG (in my opinion). Of course, you wouldn't go wrong playing any of Black Isle's fine RPG's.

Ok another question. how does Planescape:torment compare? I heard that that game rocked. was it a good storyline? Good battles?

Multiple BG2 dialogue X2. Cut out about 1/4 of the action and you have Planescape Torment. wink

IWD = lots of action, less emphasis on story

BG2 = good balance of action and story

PS:T = great story, less emphasis on action

Which game is better for you depends on what you prefer in your games. I personally loved all three games, although I think BG2 was the best.

one more question. sorry I dont know alot about ad&d rules but if I make a Ranger in BG2 and set his INT to 18 will he have access to mage spells later on in the game as he reaches higher levels? I made him a human ranger