Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
isochar

New SBLive! Drivers

Did these drivers nuke your Liveware? Well, that is if you had it installed.

Hell no I didn't have Liveware installed. The drivers have a lot of static in the background. (The bundled drivers with WinXP sound much better)

There is no live surround with the new Sound Blaster Driver provided by Microsoft!!!! I have a Klipsh 4.1 Speakers and only 2 speakers are working!!!

I uninstalled Liveware 3.0, and then did the windows upadate. The new drivers downloaded, but windows update decided not to install them becuase "the driver does not correctly match your hardware" or something like that. I'm using a SBLive! Value. I really don't have a problem with Liveware, so I'm back to using that.

I've been keeping up with the forums... seems these updated drivers caused more problems than they fixed. Hence, Microsoft pulled them off windows update.

I own one. 2 actually:my wife has a sb live value in her box. At no time have I EVER had a single problem with either sound card. Games have always worked perfectly. I never have a single lockup and my box doesn't crash. I use my box as a DAW on a daily basis as well.

Maybe I have just been very very lucky. I dunno, but all I do is stay with newest drivers from sblive.com

I can also say I have not had ANY computer problems at all since XP hit beta 2 and all the leaked builds since.

Nope, I not be braggin' here. I am just truly puzzled why so many report so many problems.

Perhaps you're getting a nice special version of XP that "works" directly from Mr Microsoft himself ROFL

Being serious, at least its good to see someone doesn't suffer trouble with his SB Live

I got an SBLive value. I remember trading away all my old Snes games at EB when the card first came out and paid a grand total of $10 for the thing smile

I used to have a world of trouble with Win2k betas as well. Eventually Creative made Liveware 3 for 2k that was still half-assed compared to the 9x quality but at least it worked.

I got a 4 speaker setup. I like the 4 speakers going off, even if it's not in surround but front and rear just doing left and right. The thing's are so tiny you pretty much need both of them to get the right volume.

Why does every beta MS OS can't have 4 speakers working with the SBLive?? frown

Microsoft is grateful enough to provide us with "basic" support which includes only two speakers but if it wasn't for microsoft, we wouldn't have the basic support. We should be complaining to creative, the idiot of a company it is with "no" driver support for any of their products including their graphic cards. Most companies like Nvidia and ATI are already working on full fledged drivers for XP while Creative doesn't even consider them until XP is released. I hope that creative goes bankrupt because now they make things with no support, they said that liveware would be updated (remember the long promised Liveware 4???) or how about updated drivers. They discontinued most support for their graphic cards and even "fast track" or whatever it is called is slower then most "official" releases from other companies. I made the windows 2000 driver for them when windows 2000 was in beta phase and I am not going to do their work for them again! Here is something for winxp users to try... take out yr sound blaster live card from yr pc and install windows or even just boot up and the time it takes will increase by about 2 to 3 times the speed! The SB live was a great card when released w/innovative features but with no drivers it stinks. Creative is even working on a new processor for their next sound card and I will not buy it because of no support from the tech support people and no drivers. Does anyone hear Nvidia APU, Hercules, or Philips sound cards taking over...? the time is near.

Boycott creative or someone make a petition

-Joey

and yes I do know about the new drivers on the front page. They just hosed all sound on winXP

Hmm...I was going to ask if anybody tried those new drivers posted on the front page work any decent on XP...nevermind

You may not want to cast judgement so fast on the drivers. Wait till someone else tries them but for me they didn't work, I couldn't do System restore, they messed up my drivers for Plug and Play and my DVD drive. I can probably easily fix this stuff though by a simple reinstall of the old drivers which are signed. Good luck to all who try and I hope that it works better. What you may want to try is to use the INI that windows xp has and then for all the files that the ini requests... copy the new sblive files instead. Because... I believe if you use the windows xp ini with the new files it would work better. Maybe I will try it and tell all you guys. Suppose I'll be making full fledged WinXP drivers now. figures.

-Joey

Stay away from the leaked Win2k drivers. They don't function under XP.

I really hope that nVidia starts manufacturing audio chipsets (from the crush mobos), and sells them off for vendors to create PCI audio cards.

God knows I'll take nvidia drivers over creative's anyday. (not to mention the nvidia hardware is superior) Maybe that'll give Creative a good slap on the face smile

I am using the regular driver from creative's web site and the spdif works perfectly with it. I also have 4 speaker support as well.