Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EddiE314

Autorun.ini PLEASE HELP!

Been playing around with autorun.ini's and was wondering if there was a program available to fool Windows into thinking that a folder is really a CDROM, the reason i want to do this is because i am gonna make a few custom utility cd's and want to test the autorun files. if there are no programs avail. then i would like to know where i could find extensive info on AUTORUN files. Thanks.

usually the autorun.ini files refer to a certain file in a directory which is run by default when you enter the CD.So all you have to do is actually run the executable with the parameters that you were going to put into your autorun file.

Otherwise the only solution that i can think of right now (and that's for complex autorun.ini where you have to run more than one executable) is to temporarly rename your .ini file to .bat so it will run the commands inside the autorun file and actually simulate the process as it was an autorun.ini file inside a CDROM.

You could mount a directory as a drive and place the ini in the root of that directory.