Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
santa48

Wierd problem with SP1 & SP2

Hi...

I just installed M$ service pack 2 to see if the old Counter-strike problem disapeared... (CS runs fine, but with sp's the screen makes some wierd "bump" or "frame-missing-thing". the screen jumps towards you)

I havn't found any fix for this, execpt for not using SP1 or SP2 mad

the real wierd thing is that i also had some problems with the game "summoner", it worked fine in winXP but made some funny graphic errors in win2k... but after installing SP2 the game didn't make any errors anymore !!! BUT !!! now it makes the same "bump" thing as CS do !!!!! PLEASE SOME HELP ME OUT !!!! frown

Santa, I have SP2 installed and I don't have any problems with Counter-Strike. What is your system's spec? Here is mine:

Windows 2000 Server Edition with SP2

Abit SA6R w/ PIII-933

512 mb PC-133

Geforce 2 GTS (using driver version 11.01)

SB Live! X-Gamer

Oh, I was thinking your problem might have to do with V-sync turned off. If you have V-sync turned off then trying turning it back on and see if you still have the same problem.

windows2000 pro +sp2

AMD athlon 600Mhz

motherboard with some FIG chipset

256mb ram

asus geforce2 MX - detonater 12.40

soundblaster 128

and i tried turning Vsync on / off .... still same problem !!!

ok ... I might have a solution ...

to get win2k to run games in anything else than 60hz i use the nvidia refreshrate fix ... and by disabling that one ... so that win2k again ran in 60hz - counterstrike worked !!!!

so I think it is the refreshrate !!! laugh

but Summoner didn't work better .... but it also sais on the official website that there are no support for win2k wink