Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shoemakerpom

Two Mice On One Computer

I have this new cordless keyboard that I got from work and it has a scroll ball and two buttons that function as a mouse. My problem is that I would like to have the keyboard (that takes up both PS2 keyboard/mouse) and have my regular mouse on the USB (this is the mouse my wife prefers). My problem is that the instillation of the keyboard/mouse combo goes fine but after I install the regular mouse to the USB and reboot to complete the instillation upon reboot the regular mouse takes over (as if it was the only one istalled) and makes the scrollball mouse not work anymore. Is this an IRQ issue? I am running this on a W2k machine with service pack 2 installed. Any suggestions would help since I am completely lost as to what to do.

Thanks

ShoemakerPom

I don't have SP2 installed yet, but when I installed my IntelliMouse USB, I could still use my PS2 Logitech. Both worked fine.

Good luck,

-bZj

Thats strange because I have the same mouse and when I installed it to the USB it took over. Maybe service pack 2 does have an effect but I hope there is some other way. I will try taking out the PS2 mouse rebooting then putting in the PS2 and rebooting and seeing if that affects it. Thanks for replying you gave me an idea to try.

Shoemakerpom

Thanks alot Down8 your idea has fixed the problem. Just so everybody knows if you install a second mouse to the USB port and you shut down the machine and take out the mouse that was on the PS2 port and reboot so the only mouse on is the USB all you need to do to get both working at the same time is shut down once more recconnect the PS2 mouse and boot up you will see that both mice can live in harmony although both mice will react to the speed set of the USB mouse but thats nothing bad. Again thanks alot Down8 you just made my day.

ShoemakerPom