Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
badboy

Soundblaster Driver Update

Microsoft has posted on Windows update a driver for the Soundblaster Live update for windows driver only !!! check it out

My SBLive crackles like mad while playing mp3's. Tried installing the drivers from the Windows Update page to see if it'd solve the problem, but it gave me an error saying my current drivers were better suited. Oh well...

Anyone know anything else about these drivers? Do they support EAX, full surround sound etc?

i'm interested to know how these new drivers perform also ... anybody have any luck?

Doesn't it say you HAVE to have the ORIGINAL win2k SBLive! drivers??

Can someone try them and see what they do???

The Original SBLive! drivers are pure crap. They don't support anything other than 2 speakers and basic sound. No EAX or anything.

"Windows Update has determined that the driver you are trying to download is less appropriate for your device than your current driver."

I'm so sick and tired of this! Why does Windows Update get to choose which drivers I should install and not I? mad

I've also tried to remove the creative crap drivers by hand and then installing the new but then I got "Unknown error" instead

I'm going to buy back my old ISA AWE64...it never crackled once...

I checked before I even downloaded and the version offered for download and the version I had were exactly the same number.

I have tried all kinds of drivers, sw and hw tweaks...nothing worked

I'm getting my old AWE64 back this weekend...finally I can listen to music without the usual distortion

EAX sucks anyway

Iv'e tried the unofficial drivers they work ok the only thing that they do is put back the hardware accleration a notch so eax does not crackle ! Also if you decide to uninstall them and reinstall the official creative drivers on system I lost my windows wave sound on start up and if you empty the recycle bin the system speaker beeps wierd !!! confused