Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CrazyKillerMan

Win2k(burnt) - highpoint - dvd

Ok hers the scenario:

Get my IWILL Raid card installed and the 2 maxtor 30 gig'rs on it. Boot up, create a raid 0 array. Reboot, throw in a bootable burnt disc with win2k pro on it. Disc loads up, I hit f6 at the appropriate time. When i get to the part where it says to press "s" to install the third party drivers, I get an unexpected error on d: and it throws off the name of some dir on the disc. Now originally i thought it was because of the disc, so i tried the advanced server disc, same error (also burnt). I was thinking it could be the DVD having a problem reading the burnt disc but I tried it here at work in a DVD and it worked just fine. Can anyone think what the problem may be???

AMD 1.2 GHZ

Asus A7m-266 ddr board (AMD 761 north, via south)

2 Maxtor 30 gig hd ata 100 7200 rpm

1 fujitsu 20 gig hd ata 100 7200 rpm

Pioneer DVD

ATI Radeon DDR 64 meg

Win2k pro, advanced server,

the latest bios for mobo, and three-in-one drivers for south bridge.

I have had the same problem. Using the highpoint floppy that came with the motherboard helped. The newest drivers online gave me a crash on d:\something

I do not completely understand why, because I have used the newest drivers earlier.

as soon as I hit "s" it crashes...was this the same thing that happened to you???

What did u do to get around it???

I only have the floppy drivers that came with the IWILL card.

So...I dont know what to do.

no not excactly

It gave me an error when it loaded the driver from the floppy. Error in d:\nt something. I made different floppys with different versions and they all gave me the problem. (except the origial disk).

but I was able to hit s, and then Enter and select a driver from the diskette.

OK

i swapped out some hardware (SBlive and nic) and was able to install the drivers. I set the 2 discs as a raid 0 array. I installed 2k, along witht the highpoint drivers. Once everything is installed, setup reboots. Upon the "Starting windows" screen witht the progress bar, i get an error that says something about a missing or corrupt file (i think it was a kernel file)...anyways, I tried three more times, with the raid card set in differing slots, but I got the same error. As I type this know I have the controller set up for raid 1 operation and it works flawlessley. Can anyone think of a problem im overlookin???

Any help would really be appreciated.

if you are using 1.11 drivers then try using the 1.03b drivers from Highpoint-tech.com as win2000 users report alot of problems with the latest ones.