Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ZoSo

Drive Image 4.0 with network?

Is it possible to run Drive Image 4.0 over a network? I have 2 PC's on my network and I want to back one up over the network and burn it to my main system, since it has the burner.

Thanks,

I am not sure about drive image, but can you burn a copy of the image to the local hard drive, then copy it via the network to the 2nd machine?

I think that's his problem, his second system has the burner, not the one that he wants to image.

So if PC1 is the one he wants the image of, and PC2 is where he wants to put the image. He can make an image to a second hard drive on PC1, then reboot and reconnect to the network and copy the image from PC1 to PC2 and use the burner.

Quote:

So if PC1 is the one he wants the image of, and PC2 is where he wants to put the image. He can make an image to a second hard drive on PC1, then reboot and reconnect to the network and copy the image from PC1 to PC2 and use the burner.

I would have done that if I had another HDD, to copy the image too. The thing is, I need to create the image on my main system from the other system. Looks like I'll have to use ghost, then create a bootable cd.

Thanks for the help,
ZoSo