Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
leondar

Removing attachments for OE mail

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to go about shrinking the size of the .dbx files for Outlook Express by getting rid of the attachments in individual emails. I have already saved most of the attachments I want to keep but want to keep all of my inbox messages.

attachments are binded into messages.so i don't think there is any way to remove them(maybe i'm wrong so i hope someone corrects me).

Try and compact all the folders and see if it saves any space at all.(File-->Folder-->Compact All Folders).

Otherwise the only other way i can think (a bit stupid!) is to actually forward these messages to yourself without the attachment keeping this way the original text message.

This is kind of a weird workaround, but it's useful for some people. Just forward a message to yourself. When you forward the message, you can right-click on the attachment and choose "Remove" from the context menu. So the forwarded message you receive is an exact copy of the original, but without the attachment.

Regards,

Jim

I don't know about OE, but in Outlook, you can remove the attachment by opening the mail message, right-clicking on the attachment, and selecting "remove" out of the drop down menu.