Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wd40

Sp1 Inaccessible Boot Device

well...i got confused

i tried a lot of time to install any sp. but after installation ive got a bsod saying "INACCESIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

WTF?

i got a 20.4gig ATA/100 (but my m/b use it at 66)

i heard about the ata/100 problem.......what i have to do to fic that???

use the ata/100 driver?????

what kinda HD? my Maxtor 20 gig ata/100 does the exact same thing... hmmmm

maxtor 20.4gig yeah...the same

if i try the repair option......it will erase sp....

Well, I am running a Maxtor 20GB ATA-100 drive on one of my servers at home (using Win2K Server) with SP2, and it works fine. The HD comes up as "Maxtor 52049H4" in the device manager, and is using the regular "disk.sys" driver. This is on an older BX-based Diamond Micronics C400 mobo.

hmmm. maybe its a problem with the via chipset controlling the ide interface... i'm gonna look for a fix on Maxtor's Home page, or Via techs

WD40, running the repair option will not erase SP1, it mearly fixes and maintains the Win2k install. Ive had to run the repair option a few times under 2k, and SP1 still lives on. You may have to delete a few items off your start menu, depending on the repair option, but thats it.

SCR512 not everything is necessarily a fault with a Via chipset.

I have a flawlessly running system with a Via chipset and two maxtor hard drives. The maxtor drives are the best drives Ive ever had.

I didnt see anything mentioned about a Via chipset there, just so you know. The only possible indication is ATA66, but Intel has had chipsets that have that too. But this is definitely hardware related.

WD40, what is your motherboard anyway? A bios flash may help too, but try the repair option first.

my motherboard is a soyo 6vba-133 via chipset...bios updated....

sp2 french has been released....ill try it...

ill give news after with the repair option if it doesnt work again..

thx

it still doesn't work.....

ill send an email to VIA and Maxtor to see what they have to say about that...