Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
homi

3com 10/100 with winXP

Hi guys

when i put my 3com 10/100 network card in a pci slot... it comes up thinking i have a virus on the harddrives... and it doesnt pass the "PXE" or something... and then gives me option to carry on booting or reboot..

if i try carry on.. it dont do anything..

i have an Asus A7V 133, AMD tbird 950mhz, USB Adsl..

that shouldnt effect the card?

if anyone has the same mobo.. any chance of helping setup.. maybe abios setting.?

Thanks.

I dont see where you're coming up with the NIC being a problem. Have you tried putting it in a different PCI slot?

It sounds more like something with the Promise ATA100 controller than something else.

Have you considered that you could have a virus? Especially if you dont have one or dont keep it updated.

The PXE reference is for booting off of the NIC (at least from what I remember). You may want to go into the BIOS of the NIC (you should see a prompt for it just after POST and before the OS starts-on Intel NICs it's "Ctrl+S") and see if it's set to boot off of the NIC. The mainboard itself could be set to boot off of the NIC first, then floppy/CD/HD. You can check the boot order in the main BIOS as well.