Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hanterp

Drivers for diamond viper 550.. where to find?

Hi,

I am planning to install windows 2000 on my PC but I have a little old graphic card: Diamond Viper 550.

I know, Nvidia took over and for windows 98 SE I now use riva tnt drivers.

My problem is that www.nvidia.com only offers detonator 3 drivers to download, and I think that's for newer cards then mine frown

So my question is: Please can somebody help me out with the correct drivers for my Diamond Viper card under Windows 2000??

Thanks in advance,

Han.

you might just want to use the built in drivers for that card. wait, if its a 550, that makes it a TNT. Just use the regular dets on that. They have backward support to the origional TNT's.

I was thinking you were referring to the V330.. where you'd have to use the regular (microsoft) divers for that.

j

Do you mean just to use the Detonater 3 download or the older Detonater 2?

yup, there's no need to worry, the card should work straight away after installing, as win2k has 2d tnt drivers.

If you want 3d drivers (opengl and directx) plus all the other stuff, then just download the latest reference drivers from www.nvidia.com/drivers The nvidia drivers are unified, so the one driver set works with all hardware starting with the TNT (NV4).