Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marktait

is there anyway of having Win98 and WinME for dualboot?

Hey guys....I want to have win98SE and WinME on the same computer but cant find anyway of doing this:( please help! Thanx very much...

LOL

why would you want to? lol.

"incoming message, I smell lot of bastards"

you could triple boot win2k, winme, and win98, but if 2000 isn't present, then you can, either use 2k with it or go get a boot manager

Exactly. If anything you should probably stick with 98, since the issues with it are much less than ME. ME is just 98 with a face lift, and IMO a ton of bugs.

But if you really are serious about it, you will need to get something like Boot Magic, since 98/ME do not have a bootloader like Win2k. Load both OS's first then install boot magic on the second installed partition and you should be able to dual boot. However, I havent tested this, so dont come back if you can only boot into ME or 98.

Really, it is rather pointless since there really arent any differences because all your apps and games will run under 98 as well as ME. Actually, ME seems to be less compatible with things than 98. Just a warning...

It probably will work, but Im not going to say absolutely yes it does, because I havent tested it out.

Yes i have win2k pro and was wondering where i would start obviously il have to install 98 first before me but how can i add 98 to the bootloader,etc?

The reason why i want 98SE back on is because my mum hates ME and wants to use 98 but ME is gr8 for games.So thanx smile

Well, you can make a partition for 98, install, then boot off the Win2k cd and run the repair option on the setup screen. If someone would be kind enough to loan you partition magic, or you could buy it too, you can partition your drive and not have to reformat it for everything. If you do a reformat, load 98 and ME first and load Win2k last.

Hopefully this helps.

Do you try System Commander 2000?

Maybe it will help you.

I can honestly tell u to just use a dual-boot with win2k and win98. Trust me thats the best setup there is. 98 for games, video and music, AND 2k for other serious things!!!

laughlaughlaugh:P :p :Plaugh