Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RattDawg

XP Lock-Out?

Hey,

Does anyone know about the problems with the XP preveiw build expiring after two weeks instead of 180 days? I've heard about this from a number of people and was wondering if anyone here has run into this. Just wondering because it is even happening to the people who go through the activation process. HMMM?

My copy runs now almost one month. I activated whistler over Internet.

Quote:

....and guess where this 'amazing' news broke???
The Register

Enough said I feel.

Havn't looked there. I take it from your sarcasm that they aren't a real "news-trusty" source. 8)

RattDawg,

Ah, sorry mate, I thought everyone was familiar with www.theregister.co.uk smile

Here in the UK we have such newspapers as 'The Sport'.

Such front page headlines as 'Hampster ate my daughter' & 'Me and aliens get jiggy with it every night'.

Yes I have seen truth on their web site, but it's very much mixed in with the rubbish, the blatent lie and the rumours.

Actually, I have just read something similar to this about activation (although not quite as sensational as what The Register had to say) so I'll see exactly how much truth there is to the story.

Ive heard about this problem before but i haven't experienced it myself because i always crack the 180expiration and activation upon installing whistler.

I have mine fixed as well, thats why I asked. I rolled my bios forward to 2002 and XP works fine. (hopefully RC1 will be out before then laugh ) BladeRunner: Ive only come across The Register maybe twice in the last two years. They didnt impress me much so I just usually stick to Pual Thurrott's site and this one here. Oh and every so often see whats shakin at WinBeta.

Later