Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Frank

CPU's?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Overall whats the best CPU of the listed?

Consider stuff like price, overclockability, reliability, of course your own opinions count too, not just stuff listed above.

Personally leaning to ward the PIII of the slower versions ie: 600e. Main reason is I have my dual 600e FCPGA @ 918 on a VP6 at default voltage. My other dual board with slot1 600e's is running as fast as the motherboard will go at 800 also at default voltage. Great overclockability, cheap processor. So I have two running at 318mhz over spec and two running at 200 mhz over spec.

The AMD Tbird 1ghz that I have tops out stable at 1050, a whopping 50mhz faster than spec.

Since the PIII 600e are starting at 102 on pricewatch and will run in dual configuration, I like them better than the Tbirds.

My 2 cents.

Ed

Apparently I'm not good enough to be part of this poll.

Sniff, sniff......whimper/pout.

If only I could download hardware.......

frown

umm only 1050 for a 1gHZ t-bird umm you must be doing something wrong because ive seen 1g t-brids top out around 1.5. Are your l1 bridges covered?? According to the overclockers.com database the average overclocked speed for a K7 1gHZ is 1.22 try upping the voltage to 1.85 or something because T-birds and Durons are known for the ability to be overclocked higher too.

I don't like intel CPUs because they lock the mulitpliers on them my T-bird 1.33 is already unclocked and ready for overclocking. AMD is much more friendly to overclockers than intel is.

Yeah,current AMD cpu's seem to be able to get at least 200MHz more than what they're rated. Even with the FSB you could easily get over 1.1 GHz no sweat. You're probably doing something wrong.

No brainer here. AMD is faster cheaper and the motherboards are far better then those of the P3 or P4.

Plus you can OC the T-birds and Duron's with the multiplier and the FSB unlike P3 or P4

Just my 2 Cents

Quote:

You ought to to put in an extra choice for us SMP geeks who use 2 CPUs and will never go back to singles...

Highly agree with this! Duallie is the only way to go. "Because two are better than one."

When I order my dual T-bird board, when it comes out, I probably agree with that. But in order to have dual cpu's you have to have 2 of the same kind, so vote on that.

Just my 2 Cents

no I def agree with the duallie thing. But once AMD gets estalished as a stable dual processor system ohh man.... I cant wait for dual 2 gigahertz with that crazy fpu that AMD has. for now though my dual 1 gig PIIIs are it.

Didnt think about SMP at all. I did think about the P2, but that is "old" as far as cpu's go, but not ancient. I dont think I have the means to go about changing the poll, since im not an admin, like philipp and shs.

I have to go with the PIII on this one just because I do the Dual setup. Not only that but I love the old 440BX chipset. So not only do I get speed, but killer stability as well. Looking forward to the dual fosters!! laugh

Duallie here....and since the latest duallies out now are P3's. Well I choose the P3!

Running Dual P3-1000@1125 150Mhz FSB on my Abit VP6!

smile

I was one of the 2 to vote Athlon Classic laugh

I was first of the two actually

/me gloats smile

God I'm pathetic...