Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Julemanden

Tribes2

Hi everyone !!!

how does ur Tribes2 run under Win2k ??

have u tried under winME or win9x ?

is there any difference ?

I'm running Win2k and T2 work 100% & the game speed is fine!

what about you ??

laugh

I'm running T2 on Windows 2000.

My comps an Athlon 700, 256mb PC133 ram, and a GeForce 2 GTS 64mb card (With 12.00 dets)

Before I formatted, it didn't seem to run too well, unless i lowered pretty much all the settings to around 50-60%. Now I've formatted, it seems to run smoothly with most of the settings around 70-80%.

Then againm, I may have to lower it to play online laugh

Excellent game though smile

-Ex

I have a Voodoo5 5500 and I am able to run the game with everything on high 1024X768 32 bit color, and 32 bit texture. The game runs very smooth. I did have one problem and it was with the sound card. I have Soundblaster Live Gamer. But the game sets you with mile stone or something like that by default. But once I picked Soundblaster EAX2 the game ran smooth.

I'd be careful about setting it to EAX/EAX2. A lot of people have been reporting problems with SBLives in T2, sound stuttering, game stuttering.

It may be fine for you, wasn't for me or some other people though laugh

-Ex

Tribes 2 runs fine in XP for me. GF 2 MX, T-bird 1.33. Even before i got my t-bird it ran good as it could on my p3 500.

I've tried Tribes 2 but didn't like it. I only like the vehicles in that game. =) Other than that, I am back to Counter-Strike. But Tribes 2 ran pretty well on my machine.

Here is the spec:

Win2k Professional w/ SP1

PIII-933

512 mb PC-133

Geforce 2 GTS

SB Live!