Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
-blake

Starcraft and B.net won't work on Router

Hi,

I just set up a Linksys BEFSR41 V.2 Router to share my cable modem connection between my Win2k machine and my Win98 machine. I have it set and it works great, I can access the internet thru both computers at the same time.

My problem is that when I try to join Battle.net from Starcraft on my Win98 box, I can't log on at all. It starts to look for the server and says it can't connect and that maybe my Internet connection isn't set up right. I've tried setting up the router with a DMZ for the Win98 machine but still the problem remains. I've searched the blizzard faqs but they have nothing about Router set ups. This is frustrating because my Win2k box works perfectly fine, and Starcraft runs great. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

-blake

i can't guarantee you that'll work, but you can try it. some routers (don't know how many... mine has it...) come together with a software and/or driver to use it exactly like a modem from one of the connected machines (shared internet is blocked then...), so you can try to setup an internet connection that way, that you could use every time you want to play starcraft on b.net.

hope i could help